In a realm of magic, the immortal Modo has been stripped of his powers and sent to live on the Earth as a mortal in punishment for his crimes in the Afterlife. Now the furious Modo is on a quest to not only regain his lost powers, but to gain enough strength to destroy the Earth once and for all. As the story's hero, players must decide either to thwart Modo's plans for destruction and ultimately defeat this evil being or to aid him in his diabolical quest.
Blood Magic is a third-person RPG where the weapon of choice is magic, set in a richly detailed medieval fantasy world, allowing the player a wide variety of choices both in individual quests and character development. Blood Magic is different from most other popular RPG titles in that the player characters are all of one type: Mage. There are over a dozen different fields of magic, allowing players many choices for specialization.
The magical varieties are especially useful in multiplayer games, allowing each member of a party to have different specialization. The most unique aspect of the magic system is the ability to combine spells. The multiplayer feature of Blood Magic is the most innovative system seen in any modern RPG. In addition to converting the singleplayer story line to allow multiplayer gameplay, players may take their multiplayer characters and compete in 2-person duels or in large arenas against many others in true melee combat.
- Original storyline with unusual characters and enemies
- Vast spell system with over a dozen different spell schools
- Spell combinations feature, creating almost limitless spell possibilities
- Various modes of multiplayer online gameplay, including both cooperative and competitive games
- Highly detailed character models and environments
- Character appearances change based on magic school chosen
More articles about Dawn of Magic