Following the release of Test Drive Unlimited for Xbox 360 in September 2006, the title has won a host of awards and attracted a loyal fan-base to become the new benchmark for next-generation driving titles. "The three versions scheduled for release this Spring are equally as impressive in terms of presentation, technical achievement and gameplay," said Stephen Baer, Senior Product Manager, Atari, Inc., "Each gives players the chance to race some of the world's most desirable cars on the wide open tropical roads of Hawaii."
"This year Atari is placing a major emphasis on leveraging new online capabilities to connect directly with the community," said Chris Bergstresser, Senior Vice President, Atari Online Entertainment. "Offering Test Drive Unlimited for the PC to fans for digital download two weeks prior to retail launch, is part of a new online initiative for Atari to nurture our core consumers, open a dialogue and encourage our gamers to join our online community."
Developed by Eden Studios, the team behind the Xbox 360 version, Test Drive Unlimited for PC features 90 incredible cars and bikes from some of the world's most desirable brands including Ferrari, Maserati, Ducati, and many more. Requiring no monthly subscription to play, the game takes advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware, allowing it to be played in extremely high resolution that take Test Drive Unlimited's visuals to a new level. Enhancements include TrackIR support, improved effects, steering wheel support and simplified matchmaking.
Continuing to drive racing games to new boundaries, the open online multiplayer gameplay of Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 system and PSP system is an industry first. With over one thousand miles of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited also delivers a seamless racing experience and a line up of 65 ultra-realistic cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Jaguar. Exclusive to the PS2 and PSP versions are the "Quick Race" instant-play mode and "Master Points", which can be earned through successful drifting and air time.
- 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
- A wealth of licensed cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details;
- Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- ‘Quick Race’ instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusive to PSP and PS2 versions)
- Earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.
- Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players the opportunity to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world
- Players can take part in events and challenges, visit car dealers and car parts stores, then meet and race with other players online.
Test Drive Unlimited for Pc and PS2 will ship to retail outlets nationwide starting on March 20. In an unprecedented sales move, Atari will offer consumers Test Drive Unlimited for Windows two weeks early via digital download on Atari.com beginning March 6.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited