Developed by Eden Studios, the team behind the Xbox 360 version, Test Drive Unlimited for PC features 90 incredible cars and bikes from some of the world's most desirable brands including Ferrari, Maserati, Ducati, and many more. Requiring no monthly subscription to play, the game takes advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware, allowing it to be played in extremely high resolution that take Test Drive Unlimited's visuals to a new level. Enhancements include TrackIR support, improved effects, steering wheel support and simplified matchmaking.
Continuing to drive racing games to new boundaries, the open online multiplayer gameplay of Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 system and PSP system is an industry first. With over one thousand miles of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited also delivers a seamless racing experience and a line up of 65 ultra-realistic cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Jaguar. Exclusive to the PS2 and PSP versions are the "Quick Race" instant-play mode and "Master Points", which can be earned through successful drifting and air time.
Logitech’s G25 Racing Wheel offers the ultimate performance for driving enthusiasts. A member of the company’s extreme-performance G-series family of peripherals for PC gamers, the Logitech G25 wheel offers advanced features including a six-speed gated shifter and clutch pedal; two high-torque force-feedback motors; an 11-inch wheel; and a full 900 degrees of rotation. The wheel, shifter and pedals are made with premium materials such as stainless steel and leather, delivering the look and feel of parts from a race car cockpit.
The promotion begins on March 6, 2007 and continues with one random winner per day for 20 days.
For more information, please visit www.atari.com and www.testdriveunlimited.com.
Packed with 90 vehicles, one thousand plus miles of open roads and a host of online options, Test Drive Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. Both online and offline gamers will experience many of the world’s most exotic and fastest vehicles on Test Drive Unlimited’s diverse Hawaiian roads. Gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, bikes, apparel, homes and garages. Boasting huge online content, racers around the world can challenge others to join them in the virtual paradise of the game’s persistent online racing world. Players will engage in online challenges, and build communities by creating or joining exclusive members clubs to talk, trade cars, and race with other like-minded and similarly-skilled drivers in Test Drive Unlimited, one of the most comprehensive online racing experiences to date.
- 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
- A wealth of licensed cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details;
- Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- ‘Quick Race’ instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusive to PSP and PS2 versions)
- Earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.
- Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players the opportunity to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world
- Players can take part in events and challenges, visit car dealers and car parts stores, then meet and race with other players online.
Test Drive Unlimited for Pc and PS2 will ship to retail outlets nationwide starting on March 20. In an unprecedented sales move, Atari will offer consumers Test Drive Unlimited for Windows two weeks early via digital download on Atari.com beginning March 6.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited