Interlude is the bridging link between Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle, and the beginning of a new chapter, The Chaotic Throne. Over the past three years since the launch of Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle, the game has seen vast changes to its strong visual style and game play, in the form of free updates for its subscribing players. Interlude will build on this tradition, starting players on an epic new adventure with new lands to explore, new adversaries to defeat and new challenges to overcome.
In Interlude, high level players will venture to an undiscovered island teeming with savage creatures, where they will face terrifying new foes. This is no place for the faint of heart – it will take teamwork and strategy to survive on this dangerous island. The mighty Tyrannosaurus dwells in the heart of this lush jungle and it will not be an easy task to defeat it. But the challenge is worth the risk! On this isle you will find unique monsters, quests for clans and parties, and more.
High level players will also gain new skills to attack their enemies and encourage teamwork with their party and clan members. With the additional skills they receive in Interlude, players can call new pet allies to their side; employ a colossal weapon against enemies in a siege, and more.
Players who wish to hone their new skills against their allies before taking on their enemies can challenge their friends with the dueling system coming in Interlude. Players can choose to take on their friends one-on-one, or battle party vs. party. There are no penalties for defeat, so players are free to let loose and truly test their mettle.
A new technique to further enhance their weapons will give mid-level and high-level players over 150 new bonuses, allowing the player to customize a powerful and unique weapon. Lower level players can also take advantage of new Shadow Weapons, a “try before you buy” service offered by the village weapon vendors.
Immense fortresses will be scattered across the lands of Aden and Elmore in Interlude, laying the foundation for exciting Player vs. Player battles coming in later updates of The Chaotic Throne. Castle sieges and clan wars are just the beginning of large scale PvP combat!
Lineage II: The Chaotic Throne is the launch of a new adventure for all players as the game takes an exciting new direction. A new race is planned to make its debut in The Chaotic Throne, and new players and veteran players alike will be able to experience its new, distinctive play style.
New high-level items, massive Player vs. Player battles, and more are coming in The Chaotic Throne. Whether you’re just beginning your adventures in Aden or have fought alongside your allies since the beginning, The Chaotic Throne will offer many exciting features and areas to explore and conquer.
- New Zone – Primeval Isle – Pterodactyls dominate the skies and vicious dinosaurs prowl the earth in a hunting ground for top-level players.
- New Items - 15,000 different items to be discovered
- More weapon augmentations for incredible bonuses - With the help of a Blacksmith, players can receive even more spectacular bonuses to abilities, battle values and skills
- Shadow Weapons - Weapons can be expensive – limiting their acquisition to advanced players with enough money. Shadow Weapons look and behave like ‘the real thing’ but are cheap enough for new players to afford them. However, as shadows of real weapons, they will eventually wear out and disappear.
- New Duelling system –PvP almost anywhere with no penalties. No need to go to an arena and for the first time – see your opponent’s hit points!
- Multiple New Quests – enter the mighty Siren’s lair or capture a Tyrannosaurus to bring fame and fortune to your clan. Just one of the many new quests that will test the mettle of the most hardened players
- Multiple New Skills – over 60 new high level skills added to the game let players expand and develop even further and bring new dynamics to PvP and PvE combat. Players will have no shortage of ingenious ways of dealing with their adversaries
Lineage II: The Epic Collectionis available for a recommended price of $29.99; featuring Lineage IIand the five massive Chronicle expansions prior to Interlude. Owners of The Epic Collectioncan download Interludefree of charge.