Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike (PC)
Emphasizing close-quarters combat, Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike drops gamers deep into a desperate conflict for control of Earth's last scraps of inhabitable land following the onset of a cataclysmic new ice age. The Pan-Asian Coalition (PAC) has secretly moved into mainland Europe, using abandoned urban areas to establish new strongholds in a last-ditch push for superiority. The European Union must quickly mobilize north to dislodge PAC forces from a series of urban strongholds and regain the upper hand.
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike features the new Conquest Assault game mode, and three new maps, including the infamous WWII battle scene at the Bridge at Remagen, an Alpine Titan docking harbour in Port Bavaria and a claustrophobic showdown in the Liberation of Leipzig. The booster pack also features new vehicles including the EU's heavily armed IFV Goliath and the PAC's hovering light IFV Hachimoto in addition to new persistence, new gameplay and more.
"This is the additional content that Battlefield 2142 fans have been asking for," said Kristoffer Bergqvist, the booster pack's producer. "We've added deep new maps, weapons and vehicles to keep the action fresh and exciting on the Battlefield for months to come."
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike, rated T for Teen, is now available for the PC and ready for download via EA Link for $9.99.
Mahjongg Artifacts (PC)
An innovative new puzzle game with an ancient tradition makes its retail debut this week. Mahjongg Artifacts for the PC is based on the classic tabletop game which legend attributes to Confucius. Players experience three innovative game modes, gorgeous backgrounds, and songs inspired by ancient cultures. "Mahjongg Artifacts" for the PC debuts with an MSRP of $19.99 (USD) and is rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB.
Imbued with 27 beautiful backgrounds and six atmospheric songs, "Mahjongg Artifacts" will appeal to both novice and expert. The innovative game modes of "Mahjongg Artifacts" include a Story Mode featuring an epic quest for lost relics, a Classic Mode in which players choose the layout they want to play, and in the breathtaking Endless Mode players must remove tiles from an ever-rising tower of game pieces. Special tiles allow players to use new strategies to clear layouts, and high scores can be achieved by earning bonuses for skillful gameplay and collecting trophies for special accomplishments.
"A game with such a legendary history is certainly a testament to its enduring entertainment value," said Got Game President Howard Horowitz. "Melding cultures and centuries with modern twists, 'Mahjongg Artifacts' for your PC will leave you happily immersed in a truly captivating puzzle world for hours on end."
NBA Street Homecourt (PS3)
Boasting the playability of the original NBA Street, the fun-factor of NBA Street Vol. 2, and the refinement of 2005's NBA Street V3, fans of the series will find the core of the franchise intact, while platform-defining additions revolutionize the overall experience.
NBA Street Homecourt features amazing visuals and innovative gameplay. The all-new Trick Remixer lets you take control of your player's rhythm by mixing quick tricks with elaborate moves, all with the simplicity of two trick buttons. Perform crossovers with an instantaneous response and string together the perfect blend of combinations for ultimate court dominance. Take your game to new heights with new flight controls and leap off the shoulders of a teammate for the leap off dunk, or pull off the ultimate double dunk to beat your opponent and electrify the crowd.
NBA Street Homecourt was developed by EA Canada and is rated "E" by the ESRB.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (X360)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 builds off of the events in the first game and places gamers in control of the U.S. military's elite fighting unit, the Ghosts. In the year 2014, the rising conflict between Mexican loyalists and insurgent rebel forces has thrown Mexico into full-scale civil war. Under the command of Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghosts are called upon to face an imminent threat to the United States. The fate of two countries now lies in the hands of the Ghosts as they fend off an attack on U.S. soil. Equipped with the most cutting-edge weaponry and technology, the Ghosts must battle on both sides of the border to neutralize the escalating rebel threat.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 is the sequel to the massively popular squad-based action franchise, and next-gen smash hit of 2006. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB and an MSRP of $59.99 for Xbox 360.
"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter redefined the next generation of gaming with its award-winning gameplay, amazing graphic quality and critically acclaimed multiplayer action on Xbox LIVE," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 is not going to raise the bar; it's going to smash it into a million pieces. All of the features that shot the first game to the echelons of gaming greatness are going to be bigger, better and more lethal than ever in the sequel."
- Groundbreaking Visual Experience: The war zone in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 comes to life as you navigate through trash-strewn streets and pick off enemies from behind bomb-scarred structures. The cutting-edge physics and particle systems will show you some of the most intense and realistic explosions, smoke, and environment destruction ever seen in a video game. Dynamic lighting and shadows will morph as real-time day/night cycles and a constantly changing weather system require you to adjust to the changing conditions on the fly.
- All-New Battlegrounds: For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts and even on their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
- Vastly Improved Artificial Intelligence (AI): Watch your back as rebels send their own team members to flank your position or gain vantage points by utilizing vertical gameplay to pick you off from the rooftops above. Improved squad-mate AI will now feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like "enemy spotted behind red truck ahead."
- Improved Cross-Com: The revolutionary new Cross-Com 2.0 will give the player more information than ever before. You will be able to see what your friendly forces see in the top left display and the click of a button will expand that to full-screen view for a clearer and more precise picture. This will give you a more comprehensive view of the entire battlefield. The new Full Command View will allow unprecedented precision in developing and issuing tactical plans on the battlefield.
- Expanded Support: Command lethal air strikes with jet fighters, gain mobile cover for otherwise impassable situations and replenish armaments on the battlefield using an unmanned artillery MULE. Players can now heal their team on the battlefield, including squad leader Scott Mitchell, with an all-new Medic class of soldier.
- Multiplayer Returns: The game that dominated the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network is back and it's bigger and better than ever before.