This isn't just another WW2 RTS click-fest, but a thrilling Real Time Combat Simulator with an emphasis firmly entrenched on realism and detail, historical accuracy, and real world military tactics that will challenge even the most battle hardened armchair general! When the two teams that brought you the most successful and highly regarded combat simulations of the last decade come together, you can expect only the BEST! It's time to enter the Theatre of War!
Theatre of War will be released worldwide on April 19, 2007, initially via digital delivery from Battlefront's download portal at www.battlefront.com, and a couple of weeks later in a DVD version with printed manual available by mail. Theatre of War is not sold in stores due to Battlefront's "independent publisher" policy.
The gold demo for the game will be available for public download in just a few days.
- Real Time Combat Simulation - Realistic shell ballistics, armor penetration calculations and damage effects coupled with destructible environments, trenches, fortifications and individually tracked weapons, equipment, ammo and vehicles
- 5 Historical Campaigns, each with unique units and equipment - US, UK, Soviet, German, French and Polish
- Over 40 historically accurate campaign missions based on real WWII battles
- Over 30 different maps designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of seasons, weather conditions and environments
- 5 Single (non-campaign) Battles plus 3 Training scenarios
- Unique Role Playing Elements: soldiers gain experience and new skills as they progress though the campaigns
- Soldiers can be Promoted and awarded Medals and Decorations
- Real World Military Tactics: Units fight using authentic tactical formations, realistic battle drills and operating procedures specific to their nationality
- Amazing Freedom of Action: Replace and reinforce gun crews, pick up dropped weapons, capture enemy equipment and even select specific weapons and ammo to use
- Advanced Individual Unit AI: Units intelligently react to changing battle situations and conditions. They will take cover, avoid obstacles and seek to gain the upper hand against their enemies
- Huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of different unit types including Tanks, AT Guns, Support Vehicles, Armored Cars, MG Teams, Anti-Tank Rifles, Aircraft, Artillery, Infantry and more from the major nations of WWII; all based on historical military sources
- Dynamic Battlefields; Wage war in all four seasons over beautifully rendered landscapes. Watch as trees get knocked over by tanks, vehicles crush men and equipment under their treads, tracers stitch across no mans land and high explosive shells leave huge smoking craters
- Devastating Airstrikes and Artillery Barrages
- State of the art 3D character animation and graphics
- Easy to use order system. Command your troops quickly and efficiently and keep tabs on their individual status with the innovate soldier monitor system
- Multiplay Support (Internet/LAN)
More articles about Theatre of War