The franchise that has rocked the video game industry is set to go on another highly-anticipated world tour this spring, and fans will now enjoy sharply remodeled HD visuals for the next-gen platform, and be able to shred their new Gibson-shaped X-Plorer axes to impressively pulsating audio sweetness on the Xbox 360.
Providing exciting rock venues, characters, guitars, and play modes, Guitar Hero II on the Xbox 360 allows players the opportunity to unlock achievement points, download themes, picture packs, and most importantly, new songs through Xbox Live Marketplace. An intuitive online leaderboard feature will also be utilized through Xbox Live, allowing competitive Guitar Heroes to track their high scores and share bragging rights with their friends and other top rock gods.
New Guitar Hero II downloadable content:
- Guitar Hero Track Pack 1 (500 Points): Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead.
- Guitar Hero Track Pack 2 (500 Points): Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group.
- Guitar Hero Track Pack 3 (500 Points): Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus.
Included on the 360 version of Guitar Hero II will be an additional 10 songs, and the initial list of tracks includes:
- Billion Dollar Babies (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
- Hush (as made famous by Deep Purple)
- Dead! (by My Chemical Romance)
- Life Wasted (as made famous by Pearl Jam)
- Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (as made famous by Rick Derringer)
- Possum Kingdom (Toadies)
- Salvation (Rancid)
- The Trooper (Iron Maiden)
"Guitar Hero is all about feeling like a rock star, and we're adding to the experience by offering our fans an exciting pipeline of new songs, fun and exclusive downloadable content, and the opportunity to see who rocks hardest with an online leaderboard," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. "The expansive capabilities of the Xbox 360 will allow us to provide a consistent stream of fresh new content to our fans, and we plan on fully supporting these efforts."
Guitar Hero II, published by RedOctane, will be available in spring for the Xbox 360.
More articles about Guitar Hero II