Scarface: The World Is Yours plunges players deep into the seedy underbelly of 1980s Miami as the one-and-only Tony Montana, featuring the likeness of Al Pacino. Players are challenged to re-enact the climactic mansion shoot-out from the original film, but in the game, Tony fights his way out of the mansion and survives. Returning to Miami, Tony must rebuild his fallen empire and wreak vengeance on his enemies.
Scarface: The World Is Yours for Wii will include graphics and gameplay optimizations, an all-new control scheme that takes advantage of the Wii console’s unique motion-sensitive Remote and Nunchuk controller design, as well as other alterations for the Wii audience.
“Bringing Scarface: The World Is Yours to Wii is an exciting opportunity to take an already amazing game and add an incredible twist, thanks to the Wii console’s unique Remote controller abilities,” said Cindy Cook, chief strategy and marketing officer for Vivendi Games. “Adding motion-sensitive elements to a game that already includes an incredible celebrity cast, Hollywood production values and non-stop action, delivers a gaming experience unlike any other, truly bringing the world of Tony Montana to vivid life.”
Scarface: The World Is Yours delivers a Hollywood-quality cinematic experience in a video game, effectively bringing Tony Montana to life through unprecedented casting, leading technology and renowned Hollywood partners. The game has secured a triple-A voice cast of more than 50 celebrities from movies, television, sports and music and boasts a soundtrack of more than 120 licensed music tracks from the 80s and today, as well as the original motion picture score by Giorgio Moroder. In addition, Sierra Entertainment partnered with legendary Hollywood companies to create the feel of a sequel film in a video game, including working with Skywalker Sound to mix all in-game audio and partnering with Prologue Films for to create a gripping opening title sequence.
- You are Tony Montana. Tony Montana embodies the ultimate American gangster, living by his own rules on his own terms as he rebuilds his empire from the ground up. Ensuring an authentic Scarface experience, Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game, assuring that players will embark on a journey that delivers the essence and soul of the Scarface mythology
- All-Star cast of characters. The game’s roster of voice actors includes original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin, and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York
- Original story written by David McKenna. David McKenna, writer of the movies “Blow” and “American History X” has penned the story for Scarface: The World is Yours. Beginning with the explosive shootout at the end of the film, the Scarface video game immerses players in a “what if Tony survived?” storyline that allows fans of the movie and action gamers alike to experience a new chapter in the Tony Montana legacy
- Explore vast environments. Players will travel through the steamy streets of Miami and surrounding islands, smuggling drugs and avoiding rivals and the DEA as they rebuild their fallen empire
- Mix your own music. Gamers can play with an immersive soundtrack of music from the film’s time period, or take control by choosing from a play list including hot new artists
Scarface: The World Is Yours for Wii is expected to be available in summer 2007.
More articles about Scarface: The World Is Yours