An original storyline developed by one of Japan's premiere sci-fi writers adds RPG-style elements that offer an enriching experience any player can enjoy.
Culdcept SAGA follows the journey of a princess and unlikely hero trying to bring peace back to their beleaguered country and free the land from the evil tyranny of their vicious adversaries. Summoning beasts of great power and skill, these adventurers will attempt to control strategic locations on the battlefield until all areas are freed from their enemies' influence.
"Namco Bandai is proud to bring such a unique concept to the Xbox Live community." said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO of NAMCO BANDAI Games. "It's the perfect blend of classic board games and modern competitive trading cards in one beautiful package!"
In Culdcept SAGA, individuals known as Cepters move around a game board by the roll of the dice, using magical cards to call upon creatures and cast spells to occupy each area they encounter. Using alluring cards designed by Japan's top illustrators, players can customize different decks to assist in their struggle for territorial dominance. As they maneuver their way around the board and land on occupied properties, opponents can opt to pay a fee for their brief stay or attack the guarding creature to inhabit the zone. Players can fortify their decks and develop strategies in single player mode, then apply those tactics against up to 3 friends on Xbox Live or on a single console. Gamers can further modify the game with their own unique style when they alter their characters' appearances using parts won during matches, providing a distinctive experience for every personality.
- From over 470 cards, you choose those that will become your “book.” – The strategies you can employ are endless – there is no “ultimate” card, the impact of the move depends on the combination of cards used!
- Developed for the next generation platform, Culdcept Saga delivers realistic characters and environments. Monsters emerge to life from the cards as they are placed on the map.
- The single player mode allows you to build your card collection, testing out a variety of strategies on how to combine them for maximum points. The multiplayer mode against 3 other players on Xbox Live gives you the opportunity to battle out your extensive card collection against theirs, complete with voice chat!
- As you clear various modes and purchase parts on Xbox Live Marketplace, you can adjust your character’s look. From a man to a woman, or to become a lizard man instead of human… it’s your character, you choose the look.
- By bringing in Japan’s top creative talents, the team brings the game to another level with rich detailed illustrations and card design, beautiful musical scoring and a captivating storyline.
More articles about Culdcept Saga