"We have experienced unbelievable anticipation and support for The Lord of the Rings Online throughout the development process," said Jeff Anderson, President and CEO of Turbine Inc. "We knew that the game had to provide a terrific experience to the millions of Tolkien fans and we wanted to enhance that experience even more with this Special Edition."
"We worked closely with Turbine to create content for the Special Edition that would appeal to even the most dedicated fans of The Lord of the Rings Online," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "With the bonus DVD, soundtrack, buddy pass, in-game item and more, we feel we're providing great value for those that buy the Special Edition."
The Lord of the Rings Online Special Edition will be available in limited quantities and contains a number of benefits & bonuses priced at just $59.99 MSRP.
The Special Edition includes:
- Full Game on 2 DVD's
- 30-days of free online play
- Free 10-day Buddy Key
- The "Beyond the Shadows. . .The Making of The Lord of the Rings Online" DVD - A collection of videos that show how Turbine brought the Books of J.R.R. Tolkien to life. Hear from the game's designers and see their work from concept to completion.
- The Lord of the Rings Online Soundtrack - In-game soundtrack of the Shire, Rivendell, Bree, Thorin's Hall and Angmar.
- Exclusive In-Game Item - "The Glass of Aglarel" - Carrying this in-game jewel will increase your Hope to aid you against the effects of Dread brought on by the Witch-king and his minions.
- A Full Color Special Edition Manual
- Exclusive map of Middle-earth
Players can pre-order both the Standard and Special Editions of The Lord of the Rings Online at www.lotro.com/preorder or at select retail stores nationwide. Pre-order customers automatically become Founders of The Lord of the Rings Online and are among the first to experience this fantastic online world based on the Books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
The Lord of the Rings Online is the first and only massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on the Books of J.R.R. Tolkien. The game recreates the vast world of Middle-earth with incredible dedication to the lore and with an unprecedented level of detail. The game delivers an experience that takes players beyond the Books to where they can create their own story within the most famous fantasy world of all time.
The Lord of the Rings Online is scheduled to launch on April 24th in the U.S. and Canada and the Special Edition of the game is now available for pre-order at select retailers nationwide.
More articles about The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar