"We were gratified by the response to our first BlizzCon in 2005 and have been looking for an opportunity to hold a follow-up event ever since," stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With BlizzCon 2007, we plan to deliver another entertaining and informative experience for the attendees, and we look forward to meeting all of them again this year."
BlizzCon will be open to gamers age 4 and older and will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:
- Discussion panels with Blizzard developers
- Artist and developer signings
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game tournaments and demos
- Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise and other products based on the Blizzard franchises
- A silent auction
- Live orchestral performances of music from Blizzard games
- More exciting activities to be announced
This year's event will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on August 3 and 4, and will feature various activities for attendees to take part in. Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few months at a price of $100 USD per person.
As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.