The year is now 2025 and on the newly colonized planet Esperanza our space devices have not just been approached by alien machines but attacked.
The player controls a squad of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in a base on the planet Esperanza that had been colonized by the spaceship Magalhaes in the year 2023. This squad was brought together by the Esperanza government to face a threat that comes from deep space. In case the player succeeds in averting an alien impact on Esperanza, the story will continue on the planet Earth which has been subdued by alien forces.
The title combines global strategy with small, squad-based tactical combat against an alien invasion. To repel the alien invasion the player must take full advantage of the terrain and his surrounding environments. When waging war against the enemy on the ground, advanced artificial intelligence will challenge the player's tactical mettle while fully destructible environments will grant unprecedented free form of gameplay. There's no one correct way to approach any tactical situation! Take all this and couple it with weapon and technology advancement at the player's home base that allow for new and improved weapons, armor, vehicles and more to be developed, and UFO: Extraterrestrials will provide gamers with addicting gameplay that always leaves them coming back for more!
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence.
- Free Movement Standard – Can't get into a building? Use a heavy weapon to make your own entrance.
- Weapon and Technology Advancement accomplished by Global Research and Base building.
- Hire and allocate scientists for various research projects.
- Examine aliens, develop better weapons, armor, grenades, med-kits, stim-packs, cannons, vehicles, tanks, hovercrafts, energetic shields, and interceptors.
- Allocate technicians to build the various items that have been researched.
- Prepare and properly equip your team and base to handle the various alien threats and incursions.
- Build/sell hangars, medical sections, detection systems, labs, workshops, stores and SAM sites.
- Intercept and eliminate the alien fighters and transports before they enter the planets air space and reinforce their troops.
- UFOPEDIA provides detailed information on: weapons, vehicles, carriers, robots, interceptors, aliens, base facilities, technologies, ammunition also provides useable on which ammo is effective versus which alien, damage capabilities, speed, cost, and usage.
This real time strategy/turn-based tactical blend will be available May 1st for digital download from Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), with a retail store release during the second week of May.
More articles about UFO: Extraterrestrials