Utilizing the latest advances in 2D and 3D computer graphics imagery (CGI), "Code Lyoko" follows the adventures of four "ordinary" students who discover the existence of a mysterious parallel universe, a virtual world called Lyoko. The students, Yumi, Ulrich, Odd and Jeremy discover that both Earth and Lyoko are being threatened with destruction by a super virus, X.A.N.A., which has infected the Super Computer that controls everything. Now the students, who are joined by Aelita, a virtual being from Lyoko, must lead double lives : ordinary boarding school students on Earth and action heroes inside the digital world of Lyoko, where they learn each have special powers.
Code Lyoko on Wii has been specifically developed for the new platform by French developer Neko Entertainment. Neko's mandate is to deliver an intuitive and innovative blend of adventure, combat, platform and racing type of game play utilizing the features of the Wii controller.
Code Lyoko will enable gamers to join their favorite characters as they:
- Battle through the 2D real world, and 3D world.
- Interact with their favorite characters – Odd, Yumi, Ulrich, Aelita and Jeremy
- Explore 40+ different locations with a storyline based on the fourth season of the popular animated series
- Battle using a range of skills including shooting, fighting, puzzle solving and exploration.
- Delve into the digital sea with the new season 4 vehicle, in search of the mysterious creature which infected their world
- Discover a new 3D territory
- Fight new bosses
"Code Lyoko" the television series, is produced by MoonScoop Productions, in association with France 3 and Canal J, and distributed worldwide by Taffy Entertainment. The show was created by Tania Palumbo, Thomas Romain and Carlo de Boutiny and directed by Jerome Mouscadet. Executive producers are Benoit and Christophe Di Sabatino and Nicolas Atlan.