The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar will allow players to forge heroic legacies in the War for Middle-Earth. Gamers will experience an evolving persistent recreation of Tolkien's world-renowned fantasy realm where they can establish their unique reputations, and discover and wield legendary weapons in strategic battles, while adventuring solo or in Fellowships.
This game spans legendary Eriador, including the pastoral Shire, the Elven enclave of Rivendell, rustic Bree, and more. As the lands of Middle-Earth fall under a growing threat from the dark realm of Angmar, only the mightiest of deeds and the stoutest of hearts can halt the advance of Sauron's minions.
Fans will be lining up to be among the first to pick-up a copy of the game, meet members of the development team, and have a chance to win signed posters, pre-paid game cards and exclusive event t-shirts. In addition, special prizes will be awarded at each location to the three players who wear the best "The Lord of the Rings" themed costumes.
Events will be held at select GameStop stores in 5 cities across the country (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Seattle) to kick-off the availability of this highly anticipated MMO from Turbine and Midway Games. Midnight Madness starts at 11:00PM on April 23rd and runs through midnight.
Monday, April 23, 2007 11:00 p.m. - midnight
GameStop Event Locations:
- Boston: Prudential Center, 800 Boylston Street, Boston, MA
- Chicago: 920 Church Street, Evanston, IL
- Los Angeles: Universal Citywalk, 1000 Universal Studios Blvd., Universal City, CA
- New York: Broadway and 33rd. 1282 Broadway, New York, New York
- Seattle: Bellevue Square, 475 100th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA
- Be a hero: Show the world your mettle and risk your life to protect all the Free-peoples. Combine class, race, traits and experience to create your own unique character. Forge your Fellowship and struggle together against evil with other adventurers in your campaign across Eriador. Work as a team leveraging your diverse talents, skill-sets and classes to gain strategic advantage.
- Evolving world: Unique instancing technology allows every player to make their mark within the world. Save a Hobbit village, clear a Dwarven mine, purify an Elven glade – the power is in your hands to change the fate of entire realms.
- Choose your lineage: Follow in the footsteps of your favorite Tolkien hero. Choose one of Middle-earth's signature races of Human, Elves, Dwarves and Hobbits. Mark your own place in history.
- Unlock the secrets of Middle-Earth: Working directly with Tolkien Enterprises, Turbine has crafted an experience directly from the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Explore the pastoral Shire, roam the eerie Barrow Downs, visit elegant Rivendell, walk beneath the dark canopy of the Old Forest, adventure to the depths of Moria and discover many other locations fully realized from The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Classic characters: The faithful recreation of Middle-earth is populated with familiar friends and corrupt foes. Join in the battle against Orcs, Trolls, Spiders, Barrow Wights and the Nazgûl. Meet Elrond, Tom Bombadil, Bilbo, the Dúnedain and even members of the Fellowship itself.
- Intense combat: Combat in Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar grows in intensity as you master your skills and gain strategic advantage. Combine your efforts into devastating compound attacks. The game rewards those who join forces through an exciting combo system that amplifies the effectiveness of groups and fellowships.
The Lord of the Rings Online will be available at all retail stores nationwide on April 24, 2007.
More articles about The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar