The year is now 2025 and on the newly colonized planet Esperanza our space devices have not just been approached by alien machines but attacked.
The player controls a squad of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in a base on the planet Esperanza that had been colonized by the spaceship Magalhaes in the year 2023. This squad was brought together by the Esperanza government to face a threat that comes from deep space. In case the player succeeds in averting an alien impact on Esperanza, the story will continue on the planet Earth which has been subdued by alien forces.
The title combines global strategy with small, squad-based tactical combat against an alien invasion. To repel the alien invasion the player must take full advantage of the terrain and his surrounding environments.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “UFO: Extraterrestrials will no doubt serve as a highly anticipated release for fans of the X-COM series. With its streamlined interface and smooth learning curve, UFO: Extraterrestrials will be a fantastic addition to the Matrix Games lineup. We’re very pleased to be working with Tri Synergy and Chaos Concepts to put this great sequel on gamers’ hard drives.”
Shane Nestler from Tri Synergy added, “The excitement has been steadily building over the course of UFO: Extraterrestrials’ development. We’re positively elated that we’ve teamed up with Matrix Games again to assure the maximum availability of UFO: Extraterrestrials to everyone that’s been eagerly awaiting this title.”
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence.
- Free Movement Standard – Can't get into a building? Use a heavy weapon to make your own entrance.
- Weapon and Technology Advancement accomplished by Global Research and Base building.
- Hire and allocate scientists for various research projects.
- Examine aliens, develop better weapons, armor, grenades, med-kits, stim-packs, cannons, vehicles, tanks, hovercrafts, energetic shields, and interceptors.
- Allocate technicians to build the various items that have been researched.
- Prepare and properly equip your team and base to handle the various alien threats and incursions.
- Build/sell hangars, medical sections, detection systems, labs, workshops, stores and SAM sites.
- Intercept and eliminate the alien fighters and transports before they enter the planets air space and reinforce their troops.
- UFOPEDIA provides detailed information on: weapons, vehicles, carriers, robots, interceptors, aliens, base facilities, technologies, ammunition also provides useable on which ammo is effective versus which alien, damage capabilities, speed, cost, and usage.
More articles about UFO: Extraterrestrials