Hot Shots Tennis delivers entertainment value with fast-paced, colorful gameplay that fans of the Hot Shots franchise have grown to love. Incorporating an ideal blend of arcade-style action and in-depth strategy, Hot Shots Tennis includes a deep feature set allowing players to practice a variety of strokes, enter challenge modes, and play singles or doubles with up to four players. With 14 unique playable characters and five umpires available in the game, there is never a shortage of distinct tennis skills or personality on the court. Players can also enjoy a variety of court surfaces such as hardcourt, clay, and grass, set amongst 11 spectacular locations including tropical beaches and ancient ruins.
Hot Shots Tennis features brilliant visuals and fast-paced gameplay that showcases its detailed animations and realistic physics. The game incorporates an intuitive control scheme to emphasize shot direction and rallies, perfect for quick pick up and play action. Advanced players can utilize button timing and shot angles to further balance tennis strategy with character attributes such as speed and play styles (net player vs. baseline player). Players can quickly test their skills through a quick play mode to take on the game's Artificial Intelligence, play head to head singles and doubles, or even engage in four-player doubles competition. A Challenge Mode allows players to advance through seven player classes to unlock new characters, costumes, umpires, and courts. Additionally, a Training Mode is available to practice shot timing and angles for ground strokes, serves, volleys, and overhead smashes.
- 14 playable characters, along with five different chair umpires, are available, each with a distinct personality and set of tennis skills.
- 11 different court settings are available to play, each filled with unique and vibrant visuals.
- Players can compete head-to-head in a quick match or engage in a party-like four player* doubles session where fun and style go hand-in-hand with match strategy. (* PS2 Multitap required)
- Play “Hot Shots Challenge Mode” where the goal is to excel in seven different player classes while unlocking additional items such as new players, character costumes, court settings, and chair umpires.
- Participate in various on-court drills to improve timing and skill. Players will earn scores that can be saved as a benchmark for skill progression.
- Hot Shots Tennis utilizes an intuitive control scheme that allows pick up and play arcade fun for casual gamers, but also emphasizes shot direction, timing, and angles to satisfy even the hardcore tennis gaming enthusiast.
- From the zany character behaviors and designs to the colorful locales, dramatic camera angles, and realistic physics, Hot Shots Tennis delivers tennis action that fans of the franchise have come to expect.
Hot Shots Tennis will be available exclusively for the PS2 in July 2007 at $29.99.