Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is an all-new action/RPG where players create their Marvel dream team from the largest roster of Super Heroes ever in an epic quest that will determine the fate of Earth and the Marvel universe. For decades, Earth’s Super Heroes have opposed evil in their own cities, and on their own terms. But now, Dr. Doom and a newly reformed Masters of Evil – the greatest collection of Super Villains ever assembled – have plans for world domination, and the heroes must band together to defeat them. Playing as some of the most revered Marvel characters, gamers will embark on a dangerous journey across exotic terrain and well-known comic book locations like Atlantis, the Shield Heli-Carrier and the Skrull home world in an attempt to defy the world’s most notorious Super Villains. Created by Raven Software, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance lets players control the most powerful Super Hero alliance the world has ever known.
“The signature gameplay of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance has made it a favorite among fans, as well as the best-selling Super Hero game on the Xbox 360 to-date,” said Rob Kostich, vice president of global brand management, Activision, Inc. “By adding some of the biggest names in the Marvel Universe to the roster we’re enabling Xbox 360 gamers to build a variety of all-new teams and enjoy the epic action in brand new ways.”
New playable characters :
- The Incredible Hulk
- Doctor Doom,
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the award-winning action/RPG that allows players to create their Marvel dream team from the largest roster of Super Heroes ever in an epic quest that will determine the fate of Earth and the Marvel universe. With a total of over 140 popular Marvel characters and a playable cast of more than 20 Super Heroes, including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Captain America, gamers embark on a dangerous journey across exotic terrain and well-known comic book locations like Atlantis, the Shield Heli-Carrier and the Skrull home world in an attempt to defy Dr. Doom and the world’s most notorious Super Villains.
The downloadable content will be released in three packs. The Hero Pack and Villain Pack will each be 500 Microsoft points ($6.25) and the Combined Hero and Villain Pack will be 800 Microsoft points ($10). Heroes and Villains gamer pic packs will also be available for 80 Microsoft points each ($1).
- Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of over 140 popular comic book characters. Players create, customize and control their ultimate four-person strike team, selecting from an initial roster of 20 playable Super Heroes, including Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Thing, Captain America, Elektra and Thor – and battle notorious Super Villains including Dr. Doom, Galactus and countless others.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance offers gamers total team customization. Players can form their favorite Marvel dream team, create their own team name, team icon, team vehicle and establish a team reputation as they play through an original storyline hand crafted by renowned game developer Raven Software and Marvel’s own C.B. Cebulski. Additionally, players have more control over leveling up each team member to their liking, or upgrading all team members together to keep their heroes balanced.
- With new and dynamic combat capabilities, Super Heroes can now fight while airborne, on the ground, and even submerged underwater as they traverse through 17 exotic locales and play out some of the most legendary comic book battles from the Marvel universe. Players will have access to a host of fighting tactics and accessories, including melee combat moves such as grappling, blocking and quick combos, new chargeable Super Hero powers, more environmental objects that can be used as weapons, and unique one and two-handed weapons.
- Ultimate Alliance features a unique storyline where players not only determine the fate of Earth, but also control the fate of the Marvel universe. The missions players accept, the objectives completed, and how players interact with other characters throughout the game will have a direct impact on how the story plays out.
- In addition to the epic single-player storyline, players can also battle the world’s most evil Super Villains alongside friends in both on and offline cooperative story modes. This robust multiplayer component also features a Competitive Mode – where the game keeps track of various in-game stats so players can see how well they stack up against one another – affecting the amount of experience points and how equipment is distributed.
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is currently available for the Xbox 360 for the suggested retail price of $59.99 and rated “T” (Teen – Mild Language, Violence) by the ESRB.
More articles about Marvel: Ultimate Alliance