In the game, players will descend upon the MotorStorm Festival, a celebration of the alternative and extreme offroad racing culture. Throwing caution to the wind, players will take on a variety of racing fanatics and battle through chaotic, action-packed tracks to try and become the Festival champ.
Capitalizing on its pedigree in offroad racing, Evolution Studios has created a gameplay experience that features smarter artificial intelligence (AI), real-time track deformation, fully destructible vehicles and environments, stunningly detailed scenery, and cinematic effects such as motion blur, depth-of-field, and Hollywood-style “crash cams” that replay spectacular crash sequences during a race.
The update will be free and should arrive by the middle of May and it will be required to play onlin, a full reset of all Ranks will also happen when the update becomes available. Once it’s ready the update will be installed when you next select the Online option.
Motorstorm v1.2 Fixes :
- Game List Improvement: 'Game Status' is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you'll be able to join and race promptly.
- Host Identification: Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a 'host' icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
- Boost Exploit: A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
- Buddy List Size: This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
- Text Cut-off: When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
- Improved Stability Online: Online gameplay stability has been improved.
- Audio issues: All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
- Player Ranking: Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly. Evolution and Sony apologise for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.
- Auto-Start: Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.
- Save Data Corruption: When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.
- Lobby Information: Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.
- Vehicle Damage: When restarting a single player race during a death camera the damage wasn't always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.
- Missing Audio: Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.
- Name Tags: Added ability to switch the player name tags on / off during online races using a single button press (L1).
- Players must not only try to win the race but survive against the other racers. Combat-like racing takes center stage as the vehicles are the weapons.
- MotorStorm features amazing scenic environments that capture some of America’s most recognizable desert landmarks with wide-open plains, harrowing cliff edges, and tight canyon sections.
- The A.I. will be able to analyze the race and surroundings and react in the most realistic manner possible. Not only will the competition try to win the race at all costs, but the A.I. will react to situations realistically, such as locating the best routes and changing the level of driving aggression based on player actions.
- RPlayers will never experience the same track twice as each vehicle will carve up the track in varying depths, making navigation of each lap different than the last.
- An entirely new in-game music experience where echo and reverb are filtered in, delivering a unique “live” music experience during each race.
- Greater processing power on PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray technology enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in MotorStorm, heightening the chaos within each brutal race environment.
More articles about Motorstorm