Sparta: Ancient Wars delivers a bold and tense storyline to bring the old times back to life again. Three campaigns from different perceptions tell a tale of martial conflicts, diplomatic manoeuvres and familiar tragedies. The rise and fall of legendary races and mighty heroes will catch all your attention. More than thirty missions are initiated with cut scenes preparing for battles with no unit limitation. Not only these cut scenes provide an impressive background; unpredictable events give sudden changes, contradict existing missions and require complete new tactics.
Sparta: Ancient Wars will push the scale of graphics and game play to the next level, thanks to the brand new high-end "Ancient Wars Engine" named AWE. Sparta: Ancient Wars features a revolutionary physics engine, developed for real time strategy games, which is able to raise the game feeling to a new dimension. The realism in Sparta: Ancient Wars goes far enough to show bloody injuries and killed units that are left behind. Such realistic and pitiless battlefield scenarios have only been shown in Hollywood movies until date.
Battles and Formations
- Arrange Your Troops in Formations: Your troops have three different formations: line, column and free formation.
- Assign Battle Stances: There are four different stances for your warriors, ships or for a stationary weapon: aggressive, defensive, hold the ground and passive. The units will have a defensive stance by default.
- Recover Enemy Weapons and Vehicles To Equip Your Troops: If you collect weapons from units vanquished on the battlefield, you can then equip your units with these collected weapons. The weapons must be researched beforehand. You can also take over enemy weapons and vehicles.
- Lay Siege to Great Cities: You can also produce different siege weapons and vehicles depending on the race, such as Siege Towers, and war animals.
- Fight with Your Own Heroes: These are special characters that are recognisable by their golden glow. They are both better equipped and have more hit points than normal warriors. In certain scenarios it is important to keep these units alive in order to complete the objective successfully.
- Create Your Own Navy: You need a Dock to build a ship, except for Persians, who can build ships directly on the beach. There are three different types: a light but fast battleship, a spacious barge, and a heavy battleship.
- Epic Naval Combat: You can embark warriors on ships, but the number of passengers depends on the type of the ship. If you embark certain warriors such as Archers this may be beneficial as they can attack the enemy from fairly long distances. Another way to take out enemy ships is to deploy long-range weapons, or just ram it and sink it, but your ship will also suffer damage this way.
- Board And Capture Enemy Vessels: You can board an enemy ship after combat, and if you have done away with enemy crew on board, you can take the ship into your own fleet.
- Real time strategy game orientating on historical time line
- Revolutionary "Ancient Wars Engine" (AWE) with spectacular graphics
- Three campaigns of different nations
- Special multi player maps
- More than 30 missions
- Greatly staged battles without unit limitation
- Battles on land and on sea
- Self developed physics engine
- Cut scenes & sequences with in-game graphics
- Realistic injuries and remaining bodies
More articles about Sparta: Ancient Wars