Developed by Massive Entertainment, World in Conflict represents the next generation of strategy games, with completely destructible 3D battlefields, aggressive team-based multiplayer action and a focus on fast, hard-hitting battles.
World in Conflict presents a chillingly authentic Cold War scenario where the Berlin Wall never fell. Created by Cold War authority and best-selling author Larry Bond, the story begins in 1989 as the Soviets, fearing certain collapse, boldly advance into Europe. NATO responds in force only to be met on a second front -- a full-fledged invasion of the American homeland. Players take on the role of field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.
- Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond
- The latest version of Massive's proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360 degree range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects
- As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price -- every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests
- Using Massive's proprietary Massgate multiplayer server system, World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles
- Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons
- Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness
Availability: Spring 2007
More articles about World in Conflict