Whether it’s new interpretations of muscle cars from yesteryear like the 2007 Shelby GT 500, old classics like the 1969 Camaro SS Coupe or today’s hottest sports cars like the 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06, we’re sure one of your favorite American sports cars is on our list.
Speaking of cars, we also wanted to elaborate on a very exciting new feature that will be included in “Forza Motorsport 2” – the Livery Editor. The Livery Editor adds a whole new level of customization to the game, giving the Forza community the freedom to truly “build their dream vehicle” using any of the 300+ cars in the game. With the new and improved Livery Editor, gamers can put their own personal touch on every vehicle in their garage using unique paint schemes, personalized decals and logos, as well as their own art creations. And thanks to the Xbox LIVE Auction House, you can lock down the design on your masterpiece, put it up for virtual sale and share it with the world -- or at least the highest bidder. Who knows, maybe you’ll be lucky enough to see that your next great creation helped some lucky member of the global Forza community make it to the top of the leaderboard! For more details on the Livery Editor or the Auction House, cruise over to Forzamotorsport.net and check out this week’s Pitpass Report.
Forza Motorsport 2 Tracks
- Mugello Autodromo Internazionale
- Suzuka Circuit
- Sebring International Raceway
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Tsukuba Circuit
- Road Atlanta
- Silverstone Circuit
- Nürburgring Nordschleife
- Maple Valley Raceway
- Sunset Peninsula Infield
- New York Circuit
- Test Track
- Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 2” burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.
- Experience uncompromising physics simulation. Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers and programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.
- Master real-world tracks from around the globe. From the famously challenging Nürburgring Nordschleife track to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. “Forza Motorsport 2” features more than 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as the Road America race track, Silverstone Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Sebring International Raceway is among four new real-world licensed circuits added to the repertoire of “Forza Motorsport 2.”
- Collect, upgrade and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers such as Ferrari, Porsche, General Motors, Lamborghini, Nissan and Volkswagen. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure and gear ratios. “Forza Motorsport 2” allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.
- Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near-endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining licensed rims, performance parts and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in “Forza Motorsport 2” Photo Mode.
- Compete in a vibrant online community. Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live® for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and complete single-player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers as well as your friends from around the world compete on Forza Motorsport TV.
More articles about Forza Motorsport 2