Battlefront features the power of battalion-level combat in some of this period's most bloody and intense conflicts: Saipan, Market Garden, Novorossisk, and Gazala. Players will have realistic control over their soldiers, with a tactical scale just large enough to make a telling difference in the strategic picture.
While the Battlefront system shares a design philosophy with SSG's award-winning Decisive Battles series, it is actually an entirely new system specifically designed for battalion-level combat. This level of play gives the player a chance to experience true issues of command, control, sighting, and supply at a level that emphasizes plenty of tough but enjoyable decisions to make. The combat
system provides new and varied ways to damage your opponent, with provisions for direct and indirect fire, air strikes, and special, historically-accurate combat modes (such as Japanese Banzai attacks).
Players will have full control over the off-map movement of their units; players can move units in special off-map areas, getting realistic control over where and when to employ their reinforcements. Opponents will never be entirely sure where and when these units will arrive, increasing the tension and fun.
- Advanced strategic AI enables a more flexible response to fast changing battlefields
- Steamlined user interface simplifies unit information
- Command and control system that rewards correct employment of military assets
- Close combat routines have special attack modes such as Banzai, Surprise, and Infiltration
- Indirect Fire from artillery and air assets can directly attack enemy units
- Direct fire from AFVs can attack enemy units at range
- Counter-battery fire can eliminate enemy artillery
- Eliminated units can be rebuilt as cadres and returned to battle
- Sighting, command, supply and danger zone rules encourage sensible use of artillery
- Complete Unit, Map and AI editor allows users to create scenarios from scratch
More articles about Battlefront