With a squad of three others, players will traverse three different mission areas each comprised of multiple levels, unlocking 25 high-powered weapons as they progress. Within each level there are a series of selectable alternate routes that will provide the gamer with increasing challenges as enemies attack from unexpected places. Weapon selection is varied across a wide array of weapon types ranging from machine guns, submachine guns, pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, and even crossbows. Ghost Squad will feature an Arcade mode, a Multiplayer mode for up to four players, and more!
“Ghost Squad brings the classic light gun blaster experience that SEGA made popular in the arcades to the Wii,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. “With a more robust multiplayer experience than even the arcade version and numerous unlockable items and stages adding replay value, Ghost Squad will be the ultimate shooter experience for the Nintendo Wii console.”
The world in Ghost Squad is overrun with terrorism, affecting all corners of the globe. In an effort to combat the malicious plans of the terrorist groups, the U.N. created the Global Humanitarian-Operation and Special Tactics Squad aka “Ghost Squad.” This team of elite soldiers is comprised of the “best of the best” from both domestic and foreign military and special operations forces. Ghost Squad missions involve entering a situation with stealth, executing extreme prejudice upon terrorist subjects, and leaving a target area with no trace of their prior presence.
- 4 gameplay modes – Includes the full arcade version of Ghost Squad, a Multiplayer mode for 1-4 players and more
- 3 dangerous missions to complete - with multiple levels that increase in difficulty as the player progresses. Players will also unlock a variety of alternate routes, different player choice scenarios, and secret weapons and costumes. Time of day for certain missions can also be effected
- Alone or with up to three squad mates, players will rescue hostages, apprehend suspects and deactivate bombs as you eliminate terrorist threats around the world
- 25 different tactical weapons to unlock and use during operations
- Special assistance devices such as night vision, thermo vision and a flashlight will ensure that the operation is a success
- One of the first light gun games to make the leap from the arcades to the Wii – using only the Wii Remote
Ghost Squad will be available for Holiday of 2007 at game retailers nationwide.
More articles about Ghost Squad