This patch is meant ONLY for the DVD version of Theatre of War.
Please make sure that Theatre of War is already installed from the DVD before you apply this patch.
This patch will update Theatre of War to the same level as the current download version (22.214.171.124). It will also fix the Mission Editor launching issue that some people may have.
Install Note: When you run the patch file you will be asked for a Destination Location. Please make sure that the Destination Location for the patch is the same place that you currently have the game installed (Default location is C:Program FilesBattlefrontTheatre of War).
A much more comprehensive gameplay patch is currently being worked on and will feature more bug fixes, additions and enhancements. Keep checking back here for more details on this upcoming patch.
This isn't just another WW2 RTS click-fest, but a thrilling Real Time Combat Simulator with an emphasis firmly entrenched on realism and detail, historical accuracy, and real world military tactics that will challenge even the most battle hardened armchair general! When the two teams that brought you the most successful and highly regarded combat simulations of the last decade come together, you can expect only the BEST! It's time to enter the Theatre of War!
- Real Time Combat Simulation - Realistic shell ballistics, armor penetration calculations and damage effects coupled with destructible environments, trenches, fortifications and individually tracked weapons, equipment, ammo and vehicles
- 5 Historical Campaigns, each with unique units and equipment - US, UK, Soviet, German, French and Polish
- Over 40 historically accurate campaign missions based on real WWII battles
- Over 30 different maps designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of seasons, weather conditions and environments
- 5 Single (non-campaign) Battles plus 3 Training scenarios
- Unique Role Playing Elements: soldiers gain experience and new skills as they progress though the campaigns
- Soldiers can be Promoted and awarded Medals and Decorations
- Real World Military Tactics: Units fight using authentic tactical formations, realistic battle drills and operating procedures specific to their nationality
- Amazing Freedom of Action: Replace and reinforce gun crews, pick up dropped weapons, capture enemy equipment and even select specific weapons and ammo to use
- Advanced Individual Unit AI: Units intelligently react to changing battle situations and conditions. They will take cover, avoid obstacles and seek to gain the upper hand against their enemies
- Huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of different unit types including Tanks, AT Guns, Support Vehicles, Armored Cars, MG Teams, Anti-Tank Rifles, Aircraft, Artillery, Infantry and more from the major nations of WWII; all based on historical military sources
- Dynamic Battlefields; Wage war in all four seasons over beautifully rendered landscapes. Watch as trees get knocked over by tanks, vehicles crush men and equipment under their treads, tracers stitch across no mans land and high explosive shells leave huge smoking craters
- Devastating Airstrikes and Artillery Barrages
- State of the art 3D character animation and graphics
- Easy to use order system. Command your troops quickly and efficiently and keep tabs on their individual status with the innovate soldier monitor system
- Multiplay Support (Internet/LAN)
Theatre of War will be released worldwide on April 19, 2007, initially via digital delivery from Battlefront's download portal, and a couple of weeks later in a DVD version with printed manual available by mail.
Theatre of War is not sold in stores due to Battlefront's "independent publisher" policy.
More articles about Theatre of War