Aa fantasy MMORPG whose story is modeled after Europe’s exploration of the New World, this gorgeous, original title allows players to create and simultaneously control a family of characters utilizing the excusive Multiple Character Control (MCC) system.
This innovative fantasy adventure lavishly unfolds its luscious graphical style through a rich and compelling story comprised of thrilling missions and quests. Swept by an exotic New World fever in the 17th century, this fictional yet profoundly historical exploration of the new found continent includes features that are all-new and exclusive to the U.S. version of the game.
K2 Network’s version will offer a new character customization feature with hundreds of costume options, while an improved control scheme and in-game tutorial makes controlling multiple characters familiar and comfortable (for MMO players). In addition, the game includes an all-new story with hundreds of new quests.
Most gamers are familiar with the main "tank" combatant class common to fantasy MMORPG's, and Sword of the New World gives this type of class everything we could expect, plus a lot more. The fighter gets a total of 18 stances and 65 skills. Below, we give you enough of a glimpse of this combat powerhouse to whet your appetite for saber slashing adventure.
High-guard. Grab your single-handed sword and your biggest shield for this protective stance. High-guard has the highest blocking ratio, and is a great choice for when defense matters most.
- Slash Down. Cut the enemy diagonally and nearly triple your damage.
- Guardian. Boost defense by concentrating on blocking.
- Pommel Beat. Smash an enemy in the head with the bottom of your sword's grip. This attack ignores the defensive power of small and mid-sized enemies, but isn?t effective against larger foes.
- Stunning Skewer. Bash an enemy with your shield and then stab multiple times.
Hack and Slash. Ready for more offense than one sword can supply? This dual wield sword stance reduces defense and blocking, but increases attack speed and offense significantly.
- Hexen Dropper. Rampant attack with both swords.
- Dust Devil. Spinning AOE attack cuts up to five enemies.
- Gladiator's Bane. Stab an enemy with your left sword and slash at your opponent?s throat with your right sword.
- Shootingstar. Eviscerate your enemy by stabbing and slashing your opponent?s abdomen dozens of times.
Heaven or Hell. This battle stance places a sword in your right hand and a pistol in your left hand. Though more difficult to learn than other stances, its deadly power makes it worth mastering.
- Pistol Shots. Draw from your expertise with firearms and shoot your pistol without consuming SP.
- Deadly Infinitum. Cut the enemy four times and finish with a pistol shot.
- Heavenly Cutter. Destroy an opponent with this fierce rotational cutting attack.
- Hell Charge. Shoot up to six enemies, and then rush your opponents swinging your sword.
Roof-Guard. Increase your reach and damage with this pole arm stance.
- Blandir Cadena. Lunge forward and stab, wounding your opponent severely and knocking the enemy back.
- Gigante Marcha. Rotating attack that hits up to five opponents.
- Tierra Choque. Generate a shockwave that injures up to five enemies by smashing down with a pole arm.
Key Features of Sword of the New World:
- While most games allow you to level just one character at a time, Sword of the New World allows players to develop, mix and match a team of three distinct characters simultaneously.
- Get the best of both types of MMO worlds with Player vs. Environment (PvE) and Player vs. Player (PvP) combat fully integrated into gameplay. Sword of the New World also includes additional combat options, Family vs. Family (FvF) dueling and City vs. City (CvC) in specific arenas.
- Alive with beautiful artistry and baroque-inspired architecture and fashion, the game offers stunningly attractive characters with inspiring clothing and armor sets. Evocative music completes the diverse atmospheres found throughout the game’s many locations.
- Character classes include the traditional melee champ Fighter; the spell-casting Wizard, and the dual-purpose assassin and healing Scout, with more classes to be announced later. Each class can learn and perform unique stances and unlock advanced skills.
- Download and play the trial version of the game for free or buy the premium, boxed copy for additional content and gameplay experiences.
Sword of the New World is set for release on the PC in Europe and North America in summer 2007.
More articles about Sword of the New World