Scarface: The World Is Yours is the eighth game to sell more than a million units and the third title to sell more than 2 million units for Radical Entertainment, one of Sierra Entertainment’s four internal studios.
“Selling 2 million units of Scarface: The World Is Yours worldwide is great achievement and a direct reflection of the outstanding support received by the international retail and gaming community,” said Pascal Brochier, president, global retail for Vivendi Games. “This milestone is another strong example of Radical Entertainment’s development talents and Sierra Entertainment’s commitment to deliver a high quality, compelling gaming experience.”
"It's been exciting to watch the continued success of Scarface: The World Is Yours," said Bill Kispert, vice president and general manager, Interactive, Universal Pictures. "It's a testament to the fantastic word of mouth the game has received among players, and reinforces that the Scarface film and character have truly become ingrained in popular culture."
Scarface: The World Is Yours presents a sequel storyline that asks “What if Tony Montana survived the mansion shootout?” The game plunges players deep into the seedy underbelly of 1980s Miami as the one-and-only Tony Montana. Players are challenged to re-enact the climactic mansion shoot-out from the original film, but in the game the player has the opportunity to help Tony fight his way out of the mansion and survive. As Tony, the player must then rebuild his fallen empire and wreak vengeance against his enemies.
Scarface: The World Is Yours presents a sequel storyline that asks "What if Tony Montana survived the mansion shootout?" The game plunges players deep into the seedy underbelly of 1980s Miami as the one-and-only Tony Montana. Players are challenged to re-enact the climactic mansion shoot-out from the original film, but in the game the player has the opportunity to help Tony fight his way out of the mansion and survive. As Tony, the player must then rebuild his fallen empire and seize vengeance on his enemies.
- You are Tony Montana. Tony Montana embodies the ultimate American gangster, living by his own rules on his own terms as he rebuilds his empire from the ground up. Ensuring an authentic Scarface experience, Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game, assuring that players will embark on a journey that delivers the essence and soul of the Scarface mythology
- All-Star cast of characters. The game’s roster of voice actors includes original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin, and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York
- Original story written by David McKenna. David McKenna, writer of the movies “Blow” and “American History X” has penned the story for Scarface: The World is Yours. Beginning with the explosive shootout at the end of the film, the Scarface video game immerses players in a “what if Tony survived?” storyline that allows fans of the movie and action gamers alike to experience a new chapter in the Tony Montana legacy
- Explore vast environments. Players will travel through the steamy streets of Miami and surrounding islands, smuggling drugs and avoiding rivals and the DEA as they rebuild their fallen empire
- Mix your own music. Gamers can play with an immersive soundtrack of music from the film’s time period, or take control by choosing from a play list including hot new artists
Scarface: The World Is Yours is now available worldwide for the PS2, Xbox and PC, and will be available this summer for Wii. Scarface: Money. Power. Respect., a unique game designed specifically for the PSP that combines turn-based strategy gameplay with real-time combat, is also now available.
More articles about Scarface: The World Is Yours