Call of Juarez is an epic western adventure FPS about vengeance, survival and sins of the father that are often visited on the son.
South Texas, 1882. Billy Candle has just turned nineteen and he’s determined to find the legendary lost treasure but he stands accused of murder. Hot on his trail is Reverend Ray McCall, an infamous gunfighter who believes that the Lord has chosen him to be Billy’s judge, jury and executioner.
Relive the days of the Wild West, high noon duels, bank robberies and the gold rush. Face professional assassins and legendary gunslingers. Take part in spectacular shootouts and wild horseback chases. Enjoy two unique antagonistic characters in the single player mode, each with his own exclusive combat style and weaponry.
Billy is a rebel and brawler, who accused of murder escapes the judgment. Pastor Ray, ex-gunslinger, abandons his church and promises to inflict justice – with bullets if he has to – on Billy and any other bandits that dare to step in his way. During the game you’ll have to make split-second decisions to successfully elude Ray as Billy, or to hunt down Billy as you play as Ray.
Call of Juarez boasts authentic Western themes, like traversing vast and wild American prairies, getting to know the Native American way of life, saloon brawls, shootouts, and some good old-fashioned brothel fun.
- First modern, serious FPS set in The Wild West.
- Detailed Wild West reality – distinctive characters, environments and life-like authentic weaponry, including colts, rifles, whips and bows.
- Professional dubbing with real dialects from the Wild West era by real Native American and Mexican actors.
- Photorealistic picturesque sceneries of the US & Mexico borderland.
- Fight your way through the Wild West, birthplace of the term “shooter”, and see the world through the eyes of the hunter and the hunted.
- Two unique characters with exclusive personalities and combat techniques. Ray is a retired gunslinger turned rough-and-tumble preacher. Billy, a sneaky and elusive man befriended and trained
by Native Americans who is on the run.
- Game play influenced by weather conditions and physical occurrences – for the first time ever, fire, wind and water become an integral element of the game. Put out fires with water or use kerosene to set objects ablaze.
- Omnipresent interaction with environment interactivity – characters can displace, carry and throw any objects found in-game, and use them as weapons.
- Striking horseback riding simulation in the picturesque Wild West setting.
- Horseback chases and saddle shooting.
- Unique and precisely modeled weapons straight from the Wild West.
- Diversified combat techniques, gunslinger duels, shooting skills projection and life-like bow shooting simulation.
- Hand to hand combat, fist fights and saloon brawls. See Ray knock down enemies with his boots and kick down blocked doors!
- Real weapon fatigue influences shootouts and accuracy – your gun can explode in your hand!
- For the first time ever, the whip is an integral game play element – both as a weapon and a tool to heave yourself upward, swing on branches etc.
- Any in-game object can be used as a weapon. Experience emergent game play on a unique scale thanks to the fire and smoke simulation system.
- Competitive AI enemies with individual skills, including accuracy, courage, speed, cunning, agility and group cooperation (group intelligence).
- Unique skill sets allow AI characters to seek advantageous firing positions and use different weapons, like dynamite, kerosene lamps and any other physical objects in the environment.
- Group tactics utilize environment physics, in-game objects and fire.
- Multiplayer modes inspired by real Wild West events.
- Wide range of game play modes, including arcadelike death-match, Gold Rush, duel and co-op oriented team mode with player classes.
- Rob trains and banks, ambush bandits and chase them down, break out your mates from prison or have a movie like city shoot-out!
- Bank robberies, setting ambushes for bandits, chases, prison breaks and city shootouts.
More articles about Call of Juarez