“Worms” is a cleverly balanced turn-based strategy game in which teams of heavily armed worms battle across bizarre, randomly generated landscapes for supremacy. Each team takes turns picking off opposing team members using crazy weapons, tools and other utilities along with whatever foul strategies they can devise. The simple and cute appearance belies the deep strategy of a game that is easy to play but difficult to master.
- A mix of strategy and arcade action that, although simple to understand, contains real depth and massive replayability
- Turn-based multiplayer action for up to four players locally or over Xbox Live*
- An assortment of game options:
- Landscape on which to do battle
- Turn and round times
- Starting weapon arsenal for each team
- Three detailed tutorials to introduce the mechanics to first-time players
- Twenty increasingly difficult single-player challenges
- Three graphical themes for play
- A random landscape generator to ensure that no two landscapes are ever the same
- Twenty-two weapons and utilities to deploy against your enemies
- Many customizable elements, including what worms and teams are named, what worms say, and which gravestone they have when they die
- High-definition visuals and many graphical improvements throughout the game
- Twelve achievements
- Weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards
You can download “Worms” beginning Wednesday, March 7, at 0800 GMT/1 a.m. PST on Xbox Live Arcade.
“Worms” will be available for 800 Microsoft Points, and rated E10+, Mild Cartoon Violence.