Developed by Eden Studios, the team behind the Xbox 360 version, Test Drive Unlimited for PC features 90 incredible cars and bikes from some of the world's most desirable brands including Ferrari, Maserati, Ducati, and many more. Requiring no monthly subscription to play, the game takes advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware, allowing it to be played in extremely high resolution that take Test Drive Unlimited's visuals to a new level. Enhancements include TrackIR support, improved effects, steering wheel support and simplified matchmaking.
Atari confirm that Eden are currently working on a patch for the PC version of Test Drive Unlimited which will be available in June.
With the patch Eden are working to address the following issues:
- Corrupted saved games (previously corrupted save games will not be restored)
- Game freezing / crashes
- Performance optimization
- In-game exploits
The patch will undergo thorough testing at Eden and Atari prior to release to ensure the quality. Further information will be available in due course.
- 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
- A wealth of licensed cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details;
- Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- ‘Quick Race’ instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusive to PSP and PS2 versions)
- Earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.
- Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players the opportunity to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world
- Players can take part in events and challenges, visit car dealers and car parts stores, then meet and race with other players online.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited