"Europa Universalis III offers an endless amount of content and options which allows players to take total control of their gaming destiny", said Johan Andersson, Director of Development. With this expansion, we are entering a completely different historical era which add new dimensions and balance to EU III".
In Napoleon's Ambition, players will be able to auto-send merchants. All Centers of Trade (CoTs) can be given a priority from high to low or players can opt not to send merchants to that CoT. The algorithm will start by sending merchants to the CoTs with the highest priority and then work its way down.
There will also be times when players don't want to invest in merchants, for instance in the middle of a war of survival where victory or defeat hangs by a knife edge. So players will also be able to pause the function while keeping their preferences intact and thus reducing the micro-management.
Another trade feature implemented is to add a new level of realism to world markets. All CoTs belonging to a different religious group or located on a different continent will be closed to your merchants until you manage to open them through diplomatic action or warfare. If successful, trade will be accessible to you alone until someone else manages to open the markets. Players getting to the Far East first for instance, stand to earn substantial profits.
Enhancements to the trade map will also help players manage their money and their time to use trade more strategically as they aim to put their mark on history.
In addition to the Enhanced Trading System, players will also find an expanded timeline to 1820, a wide range of historical options, improved interface, more gameplay options offering more strategies like emulating Peter "the Great", additional options to customize the EU III experience like "AI Aggressiveness", "No Inflation" and more.
Some of the new features in the expansion:
- Expanded Timeline to 1820: The expanded timeline to 1820, will encompass the wars of the French Revolution and Napoleon. New leaders, rulers, advisor wars, countries and national ideas have been added as well as dozens of new units to give more tactical choices.
- Historical Options: For those gamers looking for an even stronger historical experience, this option is the one. In addition to hundreds of new events, players will be able to see their rulers, leaders and advisors appear on the accurate historical dates.
- Improved Interface: A new added map mode for trade displaying all goods will be produced in each respective province, including its value.This means more pages for the ledger including information about colonies and leaders, and several improvements to the interface.
- More Gameplay Options offer more Strategies: Now you can emulate Peter "the Great" and create an all-new capital for your nation. Influence trade in your nation, add centres of trade to bring more wealth into your nation, or remove them to focus trade on a few valuable trading centres.Conquer Europe as Napoleon and dismantle the Holy Roman Empire.
- Enchanced Trading System: An all-new system to auto send merchants will allow players to choose the trading centres they most want to focus on, and the game will take care of the rest. This system also includes a new rule for trade overseas. The only way players will be able to access markets is to use war or diplomacy to allow merchants in. Get there first and reap the profits!
- Additional options: More options have been added to customise your EU3 experience. Players will now have options for "No Inflation", "Free Colonisation", "AI Aggressiveness" and many more.
Europa Universalis III: Napoleon's Ambition is schedule for release in the end of August and will only be available via the digital distribution portal Gamer's Gate.
More articles about Europa Universalis III: Napoleon's Ambition