WarTech Senko no Ronde (Xbox 360)
WarTech Senko no Ronde, a new take on a famous arcade game from 2004 that has already been released in Japan with great success, thrusts the player into a distant future where humanity has colonized countless new galaxies and Earth has become a planet mined for its natural resources. A violent war has erupted as nations struggle for world domination.
- Fast-paced arcade fighting Combine an almost limitless arsenal of special moves, power-ups and attack drones to unleash the most lethal combos.
- Xbox LIVE online gaming service multiplayer Challenge friends in head-to-head two-player or battle against the world's best players online and test your skills to improve your Xbox LIVE ranking.
- An impressive choice of Rounder Mech suits Each of the eight Rounder Mechs features two distinct variations, as well as an unlockable in-game B.O.S.S. mode, for 24 variations in all.
- Epic boss battles Go blow-for-blow against the other Rounder Mechs, but be prepared, because at any moment you could find yourself battling an even deadlier enemy.
WarTech Senko no Ronde, Developed by G.rev Ltd., is rated "T" for Teen and has an MSRP of $59.99.
Surf's Up (GBA/NDS/PS2/Wii/PS3/X360/PC)
"The Surf's Up video game expands on the movie experience and recreates the Surf's Up universe in a fun, extreme sports surfing competition,? said Tony Key, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "Players will take to the waves and relive the movie through an exciting surf adventure in which they can execute over-the-top, arcade-style surf tricks while shredding intense 3D waves in action-packed surf locales. Players can become surf legends in the Surf's Up game.?
Surf's Up is an animated action-comedy that delves behind the scenes of the high-octane world of competitive surfing. The film profiles teenage Rockhopper penguin Cody Maverick (Shia LaBeouf), an up-and-coming surfer, as he enters his first pro competition. Followed by a camera crew to document his experiences, Cody leaves his family and home in Shiverpool, Antarctica, to travel to Pen Gu Island for the Big Z Memorial Surf-Off. Along the way, Cody meets Sheboygan surfer Chicken Joe (Jon Heder), famous surf promoter Reggie Belafonte (James Woods), surf talent scout Mikey Abromowitz (Mario Cantone) and spirited lifeguard Lani Aliikai (Zooey Deschanel), all of whom recognize Cody's passion for surfing, even if it's a bit misguided at times. Cody believes that winning will bring him the admiration and respect he desires, but when he unexpectedly comes face-to-face with a washed-up old surfer (Jeff Bridges), Cody begins to find his own way, and discovers that a true winner isn't always the one who comes in first.
Surf's Up is an exciting arcade surfing and extreme sports video game. The action is set at the annual Reggie Belafonte Big Z Memorial Surf-Off, where surfers from around the world are ready to risk it all for glory. Players will experience the rush and thrills of surfing in exotic surf spots around Pen Gu Island and can rip it up and play as one of 10 characters from the film, including Cody, the young challenger from Shiverpool; Tank, the merciless champion; or Big Z, the surfing legend from the past. Only by mastering and understanding the waves can the player become not just the new champion, but a true surf legend.
Game features include:
- Innovative arcade and surf feeling, with players performing a variety of impressive tricks in the air and learning to surf inside a tube.
- Two modes: Players can win the championship in the single-player mode or challenge friends in the multiplayer mode, both with easy pick-up-and-play game controls.
- 10 playable characters with their own tricks and characteristics.
- Impressive water simulation and physics. Players can surf in a variety of locations, each with its own waves and obstacles training in the calm water of Shiverpool, riding their first tubes in Pen Gu Island and trying to shred the explosive waters of the volcano area.
- Tons of unlockable and bonus content, including additional surfboards, character accessories, and movie clips! (The PS3 version has additional film footage not found in the other platforms).
- Customizable surfboards.
- Voice recordings performed by the film's star-studded cast, including Shia LaBeouf as Cody Maverick; Jeff Bridges as Big Z; Zooey Deschanel as Lani Aliikai; Mario Cantone as Mikey Abromowitz; Diedrich Bader as Tank; and Sal Masekela as the Sports Penguin Entertainment Network broadcaster.
- Awesome game soundtrack for carving waves, featuring 10 licensed music tracks.
Surf's Up for the PSP, consoles and PC are rated E10+ and have a MSRP of $49.99 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii; a MSRP of $39.99 for the PS2, PSP system, and GameCube; and a MSRP of $19.99 for the PC. Surf's Up for the NDS and GBA is rated E and has a MSRP of $29.99.