"Our Nickelodeon video game portfolio continues to lead the kids market with more than 45 million units sold-in to date," said Bob Aniello, senior vice president of worldwide marketing, THQ. "We expect a continued robust Nickelodeon business in 2007 with an even greater presence on the popular Wii, our first title slated for release on Xbox 360, and additional titles in our new series of games based on Nickelodeon's live-action properties."
"We're excited to expand our relationship with THQ in 2007 as we introduce our first El Tigre video game, along with all new games based on Nick's biggest hits," said Shaul Olmert, vice president of digital products, Nickelodeon. "Nickelodeon is the number one entertainment brand for kids and the innovation that THQ brings to our gaming lineup continues to elevate us to new creative heights."
The 2007 THQ Nickelodeon videogame lineup includes:
- Nicktoons 2007 (Working Title) -- Players must defeat Professor Calamitous' vast army of evil toys based on the Nicktoons Heroes in this fast-paced action platform game. Featuring the largest selection of playable Nickelodeon characters from the most popular TV shows including SpongeBob SquarePants, Danny Phantom and The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, Nicktoons 2007 (working title) is scheduled to release for the PlayStation 2 system, Wii, Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance this fall.
- SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis -- The game will follow SpongeBob and the rest of the Bikini Gang as they leave Bikini Bottom and journey to the legendary city of Atlantis. Players will discover the treasures of Atlantis, while experiencing new game mechanics and multiplayer features. SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis is scheduled to release for the PlayStation 2 system, Wii, Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance this fall. In addition, SpongeBob SquarePants: Atlantis Treasures (working title) is scheduled to release for various mobile carriers.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Burning Earth -- Based on the popular Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series, players will follow the second season storyline as Aang teams up with friends to defend the greatest Earth Kingdom city against a deadly Fire Nation threat. Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Burning Earth is scheduled to release for Xbox 360, the PlayStation 2 system, Wii, Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance this fall.
- El Tigre (Working Title) -- Based on the animated series, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, players will follow the adventures of Manny, the son of a superhero and the grandson of a supervillain. Players will help Manny as he must choose to use his El Tigre superpowers for good, or let his mischievous side take over. El Tigre is scheduled to release for Nintendo DS this fall.
- Zoey 101: Field Trip Fiasco -- Players will take on the role of Zoey Brooks, played by Jamie Lynn Spears, as she embarks on a field trip to Red Stone Gulch Canyons with her friends. With the aid of a park ranger, players will learn the techniques needed to survive the seemingly hostile wilderness terrain once they become separated from their guide. Zoey 101 is available now for Game Boy Advance. Zoey 101: Field Trip Fiasco is scheduled to release for Nintendo DS this summer.
- Drake & Josh: Talent Showdown -- Featuring all of the humor from the hit TV series, players will enjoy adventure-style gameplay as they help Drake and Josh win the infamous talent show, "Teen American Talent," by avoiding sabotages from other contestants and by perfecting their music skills. The game allows players to interact with all of their favorite characters from the TV show, including Drake, Josh and Megan. Drake & Josh is available now for Game Boy Advance. Drake & Josh: Talent Showdown is scheduled to release for Nintendo DS this summer.
The company's overall portfolio is expected to ship across multiple game systems, including the Xbox 360, along with Nintendo's Wii, the PS2, Nintendo DS and GBA.