WinSPWW2 v2.5 Upgrade Patch:
- 36 Updated OOB files
- Upgraded ScenHack
- There was a problem in the game campaign code affecting some players that would prevent them from deleting a campaign core formation after purchase. This has been fixed.
- A bug in ScenHack would prevent players from loading scenarios made with version 2.0. Fixed.
- The OOB changes are mainly the result of correcting discrepancies between some weapons and units in the various OOB's that use them. All OOB's were then put through the cost calculator once again to ensure uniformity .
- Smoke shells will only be issued to land based 60mm - 159mm caliber artillery and mortar units. Rockets will not have smoke issued except for the German Nebelwerfer 41 15cm rockets.
The upgrade patch brings winSPWW2 up to version 2.0 and includes the following elements:
- 13 New scenarios
- 2 Updated scenarios previously available
- 15 Brand new maps
- 14 Updated leader names (file)
- 29 Updated ranks (file)
- 75 Icons, both completely new and those revised
- 143 New photos
- 36 Updated OOB files
- The Cost Calculator, CamoMapEditor, MOBHack, and ScenHack have all be upgraded
In addition to the features listed above the upgrade patch also includes:
- Artillery priority hexes are now issued based on the type of battle and the number of forward observers (along with the equipment of the FOs).
- Retreat/rally hexes have been added.
- For those owning the Enhanced CD version of the game Opfire filtering has been added. Yet another reason to upgrade to the Enhanced CD version!
- HEAT ammo has a secondary HE ability now. Units will reserve the last four HEAT rounds for anti-tank attacks, and are more reluctant to fire HEAT/HE against soft targets in reaction fire.
- All Panzerfaust type weapons have had their HE ammo removed to conform to the above modification in ammo types.
- A "View All" button has been added, allowing the user to check to see what a unit can see in all six directions at once.
- Maximum game points are now at 65,000 for all games.
- Infantry and vehicles can now enter -1 water hexes.
- Fixed the bug with the "Next" and "First" buttons overlapping when displaying unit formations with more than two pages of units.
- Fixed hex info not being shown in the bombardment screen after the unit info was accessed.
- Nationalist and Communist Chinese will fight each other AND the Japanese. From May '45 onwards their will only fight each other (or those within their own group).
- Fixed the bug in the Long Campaigns where the AI was not buying mines on the defense.
- Many more tweaks, fiddles, and adjustments!
The upgrade patch works with both the FREE, downloadable version of winSPWW2 and the Enhanced CD edition, although some features are only available to owners of the Enhanced CD edition. Don't own the Enhanced CD version? You're missing out on quite a bit!
Enhanced CD edition owners gain some really great features, like playing at a much higher resolution (like 1600x1200, a thing of beauty to behold), more intense map editing capabilities, more secure PBEM slots, encyclopedic sorting abilities, and more.