Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the PC screams tactics, and you’ll need to bring your best to bear if you are going to get the Ghosts past their latest challenge…
It’s 2014, and the soldier of the future returns to encounter a new and more imminent threat along the recently completed wall on the U.S./Mexico border. The Ghosts are more powerful with an upgraded Integrated Warfighter System (IWS), but will have only 72 hours to assess the threat and stop the rebels from reaching U.S. soil. With a border that’s 1,900 miles long and an enemy that doesn’t play by the rules, this is a job for the U.S. military’s most elite fighting unit. This is a job for the Ghosts.
Throwback Map Pack includes :
- Bonfires (Ghost Recon 2: DLC): Several bonfires punctuate a thick mountain forest. The abundance of trees breaks up sight lines and makes fast moving targets difficult to engage (Recommended # of Players: 4-12)
- Desert Gulch (GRAW): A rocky desert landscape carved into channels by rivers long since dried, featuring rolling terrain. Ridges overlooking twisting paths make long-range engagement and close-quarters tactics both viable options (Recommended # of Players: 2-8)
- Fishing Village (GRAW): Dilapidated urban area gives way to a rustic fishing village near the shoreline. This map features a rolling, open terrain, abundant trees, and thick underbrush, making tactical movement a key to victory (Recommended # of Players: 8-16)
- Jungle Mines (GRAW DLC #2): A mining complex set in the jungle of El Salvador. A massive multi-tiered structure dominates the central mine, and provides ample access to the many levels of excavation in the surrounding area (Recommended # of Players: 6-12).
- Mountain Base (Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike): An abandoned Soviet base situated in the mountains of Kazakhstan, featuring narrow passes and dense pine forests in the surrounding terrain. Fortified ridges provide excellent defensive positions (Recommended # of Players: 8-16).
- Mountain Falls (Ghost Recon 2): A waterfall cuts a path down a steep mountainside, with the fast moving river dividing the map. Rocky cliffs provide excellent firing positions on enemies below (Recommended # of Players: 4-12).
- Peninsula (Ghost Recon 2): A remote village built on a peninsula with bridges connecting many areas of the map. Houses provide good cover when in a close-quarters combat situation (Recommended # of Players: 2-8).
- Vastly Improved Multiplayer: Huge variety of modes from classic team deathmatch to the exclusive recon vs. assault.
- Top-Notch Tactical Gameplay: PC-exclusive tactical maps and non-linear missions in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- More Options Mean More Strategies: Your team is more customizable and has grown with the addition of a communications specialist. New team play options abound including the “bubble system,” which rewards players for more cohesive teamwork.
- All-New Battlegrounds: For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts, and even protect their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
- More Technology and Firepower: All systems have been upgraded to give players more power and control on the battlefield, including an improved Cross-Com. Cross-Com 2.0 will go full screen with the click of a button, enabling you to deliver more precise and deadly attacks.
- Overhauled Graphics and AI: Battle your way through a highly realistic near-future warfare experience against a much smarter enemy. They’ll try to flank your position or gain strategic vantage points in order to take you down. But don’t worry – your team has your back. Their AI has been upgraded as well. They’ll feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like “enemy spotted behind red truck ahead.”
More articles about Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2