Purchase new weapons and abilities each round in an extraordinary arms race to increase your options and open up new tactics for your team. Gather your team from four different magical races, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. And fight for control of a magical artifact that can shape the course of the world.
Utilizing both the Xbox LIVE and Games For Windows LIVE network, Shadowrun tears down the walls between friends and gamer communities on the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista-based PC by letting as many as 16 gamers play together, regardless of platform. Not only does Shadowrun bring these communities together, it also extends the features gamers love on Xbox LIVE, such as gamertags, achievements, friends lists and integrated voice communication, onto the PC through Games for Windows ? LIVE. ?Shadowrun? is optimized for a multiplayer online experience which requires an Xbox LIVE Gold account on Xbox 360 or Silver account on Games for Windows LIVE.
?Shadowrun? will ship with nine unique maps and an additional three map variations, showcasing dynamic environments set in a futuristic Santos, Brazil, and its neighboring, ancient Ziggurat. ?Shadowrun? includes six training chapters, allowing gamers the opportunity to fine-tune their strategy and lethal combinations against the intuitively smart and talented A.I. bots. Gamers can also play with bots at four levels of difficulty on every map and with every game type.
After a 5,000-year absence, magic has returned to the world of ?Shadowrun.? It is 2031 and global corporations battle a relentless ancient order to harness this reawakened power. Be a part of the RNA, a global mega-corporation, and bring order (and profit) to a world of chaos. Or join the Lineage to keep magic wild and free at all costs. Choose a side and wage war for the future of magic in the new world of Shadowrun. Players vie for supremacy in an intense FPS experience, in the Shadowrun universe, that rewards cleverness, cunning and split-second improvisation through a unique combination of modern weapons, ancient magic and advanced technology.
- Gametypes—In Raid, RNA Global has secured the area around the artifact but have not yet acquired the knowledge of how to touch or move the artifact. The Lineage, however, has learned the ability to pick up and move the artifact and have decided to raid RNA Global to steal the artifact.
- Environments—Sitting in and around the city of Santos, Brazil, five different areas are being fought over between The Lineage and RNA Global. Each environment will have multiple maps, each with their own objectives.
- Weapons—From the incredibly short-range Katana to the powerful Sniper rifle, weapons in Shadowrun™ play a major role in both tactics and strategy.
- Tech—Cybernetic enhancements and individual enhancements are new technologies on the battlefield but they have already started paying dividends. A properly equipped modern soldier can travel both faster and quieter, gather data at incredible speeds and confuse his enemies in ways the previous generation of soldiers could only dream about.
- Magic—Magic, while often more subtle in use than machine guns or rocket launchers, reshapes the battlefield in ways never before seen.
- Races—The different races in Shadowrun each bring unique abilities to combat. Ranging from the Troll’s hardening ability to the Dwarven capacity for absorbing magic, the race you choose will help decide the flow of the battle around you.
Shadowrun, rated M for Mature, has an estimated retail price of $59.99 for Xbox 360 and $49.99 for Windows Vista, and will begin hitting retailers throughout North America on May 29.
More articles about Shadowrun