Much like other Slitherine strategy games, Commander – Europe at War is easy to learn but hard to master. Players will find themselves immediately immersed in the delicate diplomatic situation preceding the Second World War and then undoubtedly glued to their chair when all hell breaks loose across the continent. Research new technologies to gain an edge on your opponent, manufacture armies, fleets, and bombers, and use all your strategic and tactical might to best your enemy. To satisfy the hunger of history buffs looking for accuracy and realism, Commander – Europe at War includes detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war. To capture the immense scope and distance of WWII, Commander – Europe at War will include 6 epic scenarios including the famous Barbarossa campaign, D-Day and the battle for France, and a Grand Campaign that will let the player refight the entirety of the Second World War the way they see fit!
Commander: Europe at War is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. It is being jointly developed by Firepower Entertainment and being released through Slitherine Software's Kameleon Project. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
- Huge hex based campaign map covering the USA to the west, Africa to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Ural's to the east.
- 6 epic scenarios including the operation Barbarossa, DDay and the Grand Campaign
- Research over 50 inventions from 5 different technology areas
- 12 different unit types including Light Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Destroyers and Motorised Corps, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Recruit and attach Historical Commanders to your units.
- Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war.
- Easy to learn, hard to master game play that is the cornerstone of Slitherine game design.
- Multiplayer via e-mail, hotseat, Internet and including optional timed turns and 7 difficulty settings.
- Use of Osprey publishing artwork in game, a leading publisher of military history books.
- Easily moddable script files that allow players to alter many aspects of gameplay including research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.
More articles about Commander: Europe at War