Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the PC screams tactics, and you'll need to bring your best to bear if you are going to get the Ghosts past their latest challenge…
It's 2014, and the soldier of the future returns to encounter a new and more imminent threat along the recently completed wall on the U.S./Mexico border. The Ghosts are more powerful with an upgraded Integrated Warfighter System (IWS), but will have only 72 hours to assess the threat and stop the rebels from reaching U.S. soil. With a border that's 1,900 miles long and an enemy that doesn't play by the rules, this is a job for the U.S. military's most elite fighting unit. This is a job for the Ghosts.
Not only will all levels of the game be enhanced with PhysX, but owners of the AGEIA PhysX accelerator will be able to take on an additional hardware-accelerated, fully immersive mission known as "AGEIA Island." This exclusive level features a fully destructible environment with groundbreaking environmental physics and persistent effects. Here, gamers can morph the environment to complete the mission in new, game-changing ways. Nearly every element in the level is physically modeled to enable strategically significant real-time interaction. Shoot individual planks of wooden fences to expose the enemy; destroy trees to get a better look at an opponent; blow up towers and buildings to take out the enemy within, while the flying debris impacts those nearby. Environmental effects such as blowing wind send swirling leaves and debris flying throughout the landscape to add to the "in-the-game" experience and create new challenges that directly affect how you interact with the game. The PhysX processor also enables more persistence of effects throughout the AGEIA Island level, for a more believable experience. The game is never the same.
- Vastly Improved Multiplayer: Huge variety of modes from classic team deathmatch to the exclusive recon vs. assault.
- Top-Notch Tactical Gameplay: PC-exclusive tactical maps and non-linear missions in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- More Options Mean More Strategies: Your team is more customizable and has grown with the addition of a communications specialist. New team play options abound including the “bubble system,” which rewards players for more cohesive teamwork.
- All-New Battlegrounds: For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts, and even protect their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
- More Technology and Firepower: All systems have been upgraded to give players more power and control on the battlefield, including an improved Cross-Com. Cross-Com 2.0 will go full screen with the click of a button, enabling you to deliver more precise and deadly attacks.
- Overhauled Graphics and AI: Battle your way through a highly realistic near-future warfare experience against a much smarter enemy. They'll try to flank your position or gain strategic vantage points in order to take you down. But don't worry – your team has your back. Their AI has been upgraded as well. They'll feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like “enemy spotted behind red truck ahead.”
More articles about Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2