Worldwide online domination is only the beginning in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation as the next-gen processing power of the Xbox 360 allows players to witness high definition, photo-realistic landscapes scream past their cockpits as they issue commands with split-second precision to land, sea and air vehicles for an all out triple-attack on the enemy in the “The Allied Support System”. In this new feature, players will be able to fight alongside fighter planes, gun ships, attack helicopters, tanks, naval fleets, heavy bombers, and electronic warfare vessels in the ultimate Ace Combat showdown.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation takes air combat warfare to new heights as it boasts the new “Dynamic Operation System” where massive battles unfold on a “living battlefield,” as up to six independent land, sea or air conflicts can break out at any time at multiple locations as allies and enemies clash in real-time. Players can experience the realism of war when battlefields come alive with engagingly authentic audio and visual effects: thundering explosions, dense vapor trails of air to air missiles, piercing machine gun fire, booming anti-aircraft artillery fire, mid-air explosions, gigantic columns of black smoke and more.
The following units are at the player’s command with the new Allied Support System:
- Fighter planes are quick to arrive to the battle, and their speed and firepower makes them a versatile ally against aerial, naval and ground enemy units.
- Tanks can unleash an onslaught of heavy fire on ground-based units, but cannot attack enemies in the skies. They will remain in their designated area, firing on any enemies that come into range.
- Helicopters patrol a given area of the skies, navigating difficult terrain such as rivers and mountains that are inaccessible to tanks. While they can engage both ground and air enemies, they lack the speed to effectively counter fighter planes.
- Naval fleets patrol the seas with anti-air missiles and machine guns, long-range artillery and cruise missiles that make them dangerous to any type of enemy that enters their range.
- Heavy Bombers are large, slow planes that carry enough explosives to bring enemy ground forces to their knees through carpet-bombing, but cannot defend themselves from enemy fighter planes.
- Electric warfare support planes do not carry any weapons, but can analyze enemy data to give players the edge in the skies by providing increased missile accuracy.
In Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, players can prove their supremacy on a global scale as they pilot highly detailed, authentic aircraft such as the F-15 E Strike Eagle and the F-22 Raptor online via Xbox Live. For an all out worldwide battle for the sky, players can choose from a variety of different online modes including the death match and team death match style game modes. Or they can team up with friends to play in co-op, where players combine strategy and skill to work together to take on computer-controlled adversaries. Online rankings are calculated globally with high-ranking players being granted honorable titles on a global scale, adding fuel to the fires of furious competition.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation will fly into store shelves in 2007.
More articles about Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation