Developed by Blue Castle Games, The BIGS brings blazing graphics to huge proportions with larger-than-life MLB player models and ballparks. Featuring fantastic pitching, batting, and fielding animations, gamers can also take advantage of spectacular power-ups with outrageous special effects. As a standard for all major 2K Sports titles, The BIGS features online play for up to four players, making it a grand slam for online baseball battles.
The BIGS delivers a unique pick-up-and-play baseball video game experience driven by quick reflex timing and smart power-up strategies, with highlight reel moments on every play.
Fans will redefine the baseball highlight reel by performing dramatic wall grabs, spectacular diving plays, and epic homeruns. Unique and intuitive gameplay controls deliver a new baseball experience, while advanced power-up mechanics add exciting depth with each turn. Turbo gameplay raises the action bar to new heights, and culminates in the ultimate batter pitcher power-up duel, where either the pitcher's Big Heat will be the turning point, or the batter's Power Blast will be the explosive end to the game. In The BIGS, every play is a big play.
The BIGS will be the first licensed baseball sports title on the Wii to demonstrate every aspect of baseball through the revolutionary controls of the system. Players will experience instantaneous feedback with every motion on the Wii Remote whether they're batting, pitching, fielding, or running the bases:
- The Wii controls sense swinging angle, timing, and pre-swing motion, allowing gamers to aim their hits anywhere in the outfield, display their own unique pre-at-bat "waggles," and unleash power or contact swings, all based on the motion of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- With Wii pitching gamers can throw distinct types of pitches using a different motion. Pitch type and speed are determined by a combination of arm speed, wrist movement, and button selection.
- Both fielding and throwing are controlled through directional motions of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk which allow you to make spectacular plays on the field including jumping catches, wall climbs, and double plays.
- Sprint fast and slide into bases with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. A "drumming" motion with the controls allows you to control running speed while pointing the controls down allows you to hit the dirt and slide into base.
- Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
- Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
- Jane's Addiction - Ocean Size
- Killing Joke - Millennium
- Rollins Band - Tearing
- White Zombie - More Human than Human
- Midnight Oil - Dreamworld
- Fu Manchu - Hung out to Dry
- Motorhead - Ace of Spades
- The Stooges - Down On The Street
- Primus - Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
- Blue October - Somebody
- Satellite Party - Insanity Rains
- Highbench - Satisfied
The BIGS brings blazing graphics to huge proportions with larger-than-life player models and ballparks. Featuring fantastic pitching, batting, and fielding animations, gamers can also take advantage of spectacular power-ups with outrageous special effects. As a standard for all major 2K Sports titles, The BIGS features online play for up to four players, making it a grand slam for online baseball battles.
In The BIGS, each MLB player has been individualized to emphasize their extraordinary athletic attributes. The development team paid great attention to detail to portray a player's face and physical characteristics so baseball fans will easily recognize their favorite players. To deliver the authentic MLB atmosphere, stadium landmarks have been stylized to highlight the unique architecture of each MLB ballpark. Whether it's the glove at San Francisco's AT&T Park resized to mammoth proportions or the left field wall in Boston's Fenway Park made into a real "Green Monster," gamers will be in awe at the grandeur of each stadium in The BIGS.
The BIGS, rated E for Everyone, will be available for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, and will ship on June 25th, 2007.
More articles about The Bigs