In the game, players will descend upon the MotorStorm Festival, a celebration of the alternative and extreme offroad racing culture. Throwing caution to the wind, players will take on a variety of racing fanatics and battle through chaotic, action-packed tracks to try and become the Festival champ.
Capitalizing on its pedigree in offroad racing, Evolution Studios has created a gameplay experience that features smarter artificial intelligence (AI), real-time track deformation, fully destructible vehicles and environments, stunningly detailed scenery, and cinematic effects such as motion blur, depth-of-field, and Hollywood-style “crash cams” that replay spectacular crash sequences during a race.
Time Attack : the ability to race against up to 7 shadow cars, your own best time ghost or download other people's fastest times in an attempt to beat them. Your own results will be automatically uploaded to the global leaderboards for others to compete against.
- Players must not only try to win the race but survive against the other racers. Combat-like racing takes center stage as the vehicles are the weapons.
- MotorStorm features amazing scenic environments that capture some of America’s most recognizable desert landmarks with wide-open plains, harrowing cliff edges, and tight canyon sections.
- The A.I. will be able to analyze the race and surroundings and react in the most realistic manner possible. Not only will the competition try to win the race at all costs, but the A.I. will react to situations realistically, such as locating the best routes and changing the level of driving aggression based on player actions.
- RPlayers will never experience the same track twice as each vehicle will carve up the track in varying depths, making navigation of each lap different than the last.
- An entirely new in-game music experience where echo and reverb are filtered in, delivering a unique “live” music experience during each race.
- Greater processing power on PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray technology enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in MotorStorm, heightening the chaos within each brutal race environment.
The update will be free and should arrive June 7 and it will be required to play online, a full reset of all Ranks will also happen when the update becomes available. Once it’s ready the update will be installed when you next select the Online option.
More articles about Motorstorm