Aa fantasy MMORPG whose story is modeled after Europe’s exploration of the New World, this gorgeous, original title allows players to create and simultaneously control a family of characters utilizing the excusive Multiple Character Control (MCC) system.
This innovative fantasy adventure lavishly unfolds its luscious graphical style through a rich and compelling story comprised of thrilling missions and quests. Swept by an exotic New World fever in the 17th century, this fictional yet profoundly historical exploration of the new found continent includes features that are all-new and exclusive to the U.S. version of the game.
K2 Network’s version will offer a new character customization feature with hundreds of costume options, while an improved control scheme and in-game tutorial makes controlling multiple characters familiar and comfortable (for MMO players). In addition, the game includes an all-new story with hundreds of new quests. “Vis” is the in-game currency for Sword of the New World, and enables players to purchase various items needed for success. As a result, all pre-sell participants will have an automatic advantage over non-participants when they enter the game.
"The growing Sword of the New World community has been waiting for this day and it's finally here," said Grantley Day, Vice President of Development at K2 Network. "Until now gamers could only read about the unique and exciting experience that is Sword of the New World; but now they can experience this truly exceptional game firsthand."
Gamers who are interested in being part of the open beta which is now live and continues through until early July should visit the official website to sign up and start playing. In the beta, players will have access to 4 worlds while experiencing the game's extensive costume selection feature and unique multi-character control system, while testing out the deep and compelling character classes.
Sword of the New World is the first MMORPG to successfully adapt the Multi-Control Character system - the ability to control three characters simultaneously - resulting in a fast-moving game filled with strategic daring and intense combat, beautiful artistry and baroque-inspired architecture and fashion, large-scale maps and breathtaking graphics.
Key Features of Sword of the New World:
- While most games allow you to level just one character at a time, Sword of the New World allows players to develop, mix and match a team of three distinct characters simultaneously.
- Get the best of both types of MMO worlds with Player vs. Environment (PvE) and Player vs. Player (PvP) combat fully integrated into gameplay. Sword of the New World also includes additional combat options, Family vs. Family (FvF) dueling and City vs. City (CvC) in specific arenas.
- Alive with beautiful artistry and baroque-inspired architecture and fashion, the game offers stunningly attractive characters with inspiring clothing and armor sets. Evocative music completes the diverse atmospheres found throughout the game’s many locations.
- Character classes include the traditional melee champ Fighter; the spell-casting Wizard, and the dual-purpose assassin and healing Scout, with more classes to be announced later. Each class can learn and perform unique stances and unlock advanced skills.
- Download and play the trial version of the game for free or buy the premium, boxed copy for additional content and gameplay experiences.
Sword of the New World: Granado Espada for the PC is scheduled to ship in mid-July for a suggested retail price of $19.99.