The objective of the game is to collect fossil pieces which are hidden throughout the interactive game world. There are 60 pieces in total – 48 creature parts which, when you complete a whole skeleton will unlock a new monster, and 12 wildcard fossils.
- Control six fantastic prehistoric sea creatures all of which have their own strengths, weaknesses and special abilities.
- The game world is divided into six loactions that are unlocked as you progress through the game. They provide a visually stunning recreation of the prehistroc world. Some monsters will be better better suited to certain areas than others.
- Gain bonuses by completing the various challenges presented in each of the areas. Every area within the game has a specific challenge for each of the six monsters.
- Sea Monsters’ non-linear structure allows you to choose from a number of different scenarios and select the monster that best suits your playing style and the area.
- As you collect fossils you unlock National Geographic media about that fossil. The knowledge gained from viewing this information will aid you in the game.