Developed by Massive Entertainment, World in Conflict represents the next generation of strategy games, with completely destructible 3D battlefields, aggressive team-based multiplayer action and a focus on fast, hard-hitting battles.
World in Conflict is the highly anticipated action-strategy game from Sierra's own Massive Entertainment that asks the terrifying question, what if the cold war didn't end? The game represents the next-generation of strategy games, pitting Cold War-era superpowers against one another with completely destructible 3D battlefields, blistering visuals utilizing DX10 technology, and an innovative gameplay mechanism, removing traditional resource-gathering and base-building in favor of non-stop combat, tactical decisions and an FPS- like addiction to intense action.
"World in Conflict marks a great step forward for the strategy genre, effectively blurring the lines between strategy, action and first-person- shooter," said Al Simone, senior vice president of marketing, Sierra Entertainment. "The pre-order campaign offers fans the exclusive chance to grab extra maps and materials that would make any game fan or cold war aficionado excited. With its exciting gameplay and amazing technology -- if there's one strategy game to try this year, it's World in Conflict."
North American pre-order bonus program includes:
- "Modern Marvels: Strategic Air Command" DVD by The History Channel: Learn about the inner workings of the Strategic Air Command (SAC), the key cog in America's Cold War military machine, overseeing the nation's entire nuclear arsenal from 1946 to 1992
- Access to World in Conflict's Beta Event - Guaranteed access to the upcoming Beta Event for World in Conflict scheduled for July 2007
- Bonus Multiplayer Maps for the Beta Event and Demo - Exclusive multiplayer maps for play in the July Beta Event and the game's Demo. These maps will only be available to those who pre-order the game.
- Exclusive Online Account Privileges - Exclusive access to the powerful multiplayer software created by Massive Entertainment to provide online play for World in Conflict. By pre-ordering, players will be able to secure their online name before the game releases, ensuring their handles are their own when everyone else joins the fray.
- Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond
- The latest version of Massive's proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360 degree range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects
- As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price -- every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests
- Using Massive's proprietary Massgate multiplayer server system, World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles
- Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons
- Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness
World in Conflict will be available in September 2007.
More articles about World in Conflict