This marks Groove Addicts first foray in original scoring for interactive gaming, an initiative for the company spearheaded by GA's Business Development team, led by Mike Zarin and J.P. Rahmann. The much-anticipated release of the Ubisoft game will hit stores in time for Christmas.
Splinter Cell: Conviction chronicles the latest adventures of Splinter Cell protagonist Sam Fisher. Cohen & Nielsen's suspenseful score accompanies Fisher's calculated steps as the gameplay unfolds. “It's the most definitive music I have heard to date for the series. I would go so far to call it 'classic Splinter Cell,' ” says Simon Pressey, Ubisoft Montreal’s Technical & Artistic Director of Audio.
Groove Addicts' Zarin concurs, ”We are ecstatic to be involved with this incredible Ubisoft AAA franchise. The fact that this is our first game says a lot about the caliber of music we at Groove Addicts work so very hard to deliver everyday. Michael Nielsen and Kaveh Cohen have a rare knack to consistently create great music in a timely manner, with our clients’ vision in mind.”
You are a fugitive and you’re being ruthlessly hunted by the very government you once served. The key to your survival is to improvise, adapt and overcome.
Experience original game play based on improvisation where your environment becomes your weapon. You need to react to changing situations and use the environment and the crowds around you to create diversions and deter your enemies.
Splinter Cell Conviction will deliver an adrenaline rush of game play with blood-pumping chase sequences, close combat and intense gun battles. To survive, build an underground network of allies who will help you obtain hi-tech gadgets and stay one step ahead of your pursuers as you struggle to unmask the forces that want you dead.
You’ve never played Splinter Cell like this before.
- All new improvisation-based game play: Discover a new breed of game play where every object is available to use. Inventory is actually the world around you, for you to decide how you want to use it.
- Enemies will actively search for you: As a fugitive, quick thinking and adaptation are essential to turn the situation to your advantage. However, enemies can also use the environment and resources to track you down.
- Use the living crowd : Blend in with a realistic crowd and navigate within a civilian environment, mimic them to go undetected, or instigate panic as a divisive way to become untraceable as you escape danger. Active stealth will force you to think and act quickly. However, you will have to weigh the risk of heavy force is always the other option.
- Black Market: Use your underground connections to gain access to black market gadgets and weapons, or use consumer grade gear in ways they were not intended to complete your objectives.
- Crowd in Multiplayer: Play with, or against, your friends in the middle of a civilian crowd. But know that they will look like any other person, so your sense of observation and ability to act unnoticed are as important as reacting instantly to an unexpected threat.
More articles about Splinter Cell: Conviction