skate is the closest thing to skateboarding without actually putting your feet on a board. With innovative controls that take advantage of the dual analog sticks, the power of the next gen hardware, and the ability to sculpt tricks that define your own style, skate delivers an authentic boarding mecca like no other videogame.
Individual style combined with physics-driven animations promise that no two tricks will ever be the same. And there’s plenty of room to pull off those tricks—San Vanelona challenges you to explore, find, and own the best spots. You can even capture footage to create and show off your style with friends across the world—because without footage, it's fiction.
Get ready for all the fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding without the hours of practice, broken bones, and hospital visits.
- The days of button mashing are over. The intuitive Flickit dual analog control lets you perform skill-based trick executions that capture the real-world feel and true attitude of skating.
- Create your own style and personality with animation and physics that give you the freedom to decide how your skater looks, feels and rides. Get creative as you develop your own tricks and string them together to create lines.
- Capture your sickest moves in game and bring them online for the world to see. Using innovative online video editing tools and add music to create the ultimate skate vid.
- Skaters don't follow rules, they can choose how they want to progress through the game. Open progression allows gamers to skate how they want to skate. Become famous and generating mainstream hype or go the infamous route by outrunning security guards, owning spots and building street cred. Depending on how you roll in the game, you'll start seeing your own coverage in Thrasher or The Skateboard Mag.
- Get chased by security guards, impress and/or annoy the citizens in this fully reactive city. San Vanelona is the ultimate skate mecca where you can ride with pros, discover skate shops, and own spots to make them yours.
- skate features professional legends and upcoming pros including Danny Way, Mark Gonzales, Rob Dyrdek, Mike Carroll, P.J. Ladd, Chris Cole, Jason Dill, Pat Duffy, Jerry Hsu, Paul Rodriguez, Dennis Busenitz, Alex Chalmers, Chris Haslam, Colin McKay, John Rattray, Ryan Gallant, Ryan Smith and Terry Kennedy.
- skate features an extensive online gameplay system including multiple online multiplayer modes. Gamers can hit up popular spots in the city with friends across the country.
More articles about SKATE