The powerful Sorcerer Marcus Dominus Ingens became immortal after unravelling the mystery of the Philosopher’s Stone. His pride and hunger for power made him eliminate all alchemists who's skills and knowledge equaled his. Now he keeps their souls in Golden Tanks and uses them for his evil purposes and controling infernal forces. Whole armies of demons and devils are at his command. In order to take control over the world, however, he'd have to destroy the God’s Envoy, who resides at the Equilibrium Place -- the eternal throne -- to which every 200 years comes the being who has the great power of doing good. The God’s Envoy is deep meditative state and cannot directly intervene in the situation on Earth.
Marcus is aware that he is too weak to destroy the God’s Envoy, so he sets free hordes of infernal monsters in order to harvesr human souls and later keep them in Golden Tanks. Each new soul makes Marcus more powerful, while the God’s Envoy becomes weaker and weaker. And then one day… For many years the Mystery Guards Fraternities have trained Hunters to fight the evil. Hard-bitten, well trained in magic and alchemy, they traversed the world fighting against the powers of darkness. Now, their Fraternities need them back to face the whole army of infernal beasts. The life of God’s Envoy and the world order are at stake.The best of the best Frater Simon, Elena and Tong Wong prepare to save the Earth ready to risk their lives in the fight against Marcus.
“Once again, we have an opportunity to collaborate with Meridian 4 thanks to our latest game; The Chosen: Well of Souls (published under the original title Frater). We are confident that our "new baby" is in good hands and believe that the professionals at Meridian 4 have the ability to bring this new game to all those anticipating its release. Please wait patiently because YOU are THE CHOSEN ones!” said Agnieszka Krawczyk, Sales Director at Rebelmind
“It felt really natural to work with Rebelmind again on their next Action/RPG title. After playing a beta version of the game, we knew that Rebelmind had taken everything they learned on Space Hack and enhanced the gameplay and added many new, exciting features that will make The Chosen a hit with all Action/RPG fans.” said Andrew Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
- 3 original playable characters, each with their own distinct skills and abilities
- Over 200 different types of armour, weapons and magic items
- Over 12 blood-curdling quests with hordes of werewolves, zombies, vampires and demons
- Modify skills and allocate experience to develop your hero
- Seizing demons during battle allows you to use them to fight for you
- Improve weapons strength and effectiveness through ancient magic
- Call upon mystical creatures to help battle the forces of evil
- Join forces with interactive NPC characters who assist you in your battle against the undead
- Frater Simon
- An orphan raised in a monestary by monks who taught him the principles of faith. When the monks realized, however, that Simon's mind was solid as a rock, they sent him to the Great Alchemist, Peter from Sanok, to lear everything about magic and alchemy from. After spending some time with the Great Alchemist, Frater Simon returned to the monastery, where his new skills turned out to be very useful in the battles with dark forces. He became a hunter exterminating demons and devils in Europe.
- When Elena was a child in one of small villages deep in the Siberian taiga, the Werewolves attacked her home village and she was the only one to survive. While witnessing her family's death, Elena vowed vengeance. Raised by Siberian hunters she learnt how to shoot well. For years she has been traversting Siberia looking for Werewolves.
- Tong Wong
- Born in Tien-Szan Mountains. Tong Wong has been practicing martial arts since early childhood he . Helping the oppressed was the goal he set for himelf. His sword – the Blade of Spring Rain – has become a real terror for demons. Tong Wong appears wherever people suffer. He earned his name when fighting with the mountain demon Qi -Mei.
At the beginning of the game, Player chooses the Hero he will lead. He can choose between three different Character’s Classes (Heroes). Each class imposes the use of different combat tactic during the gameplay. Player can choose that Hero, who represents player’s favourite tactic of combat. -Hand to Hand – player chooses Chinese Warrior. -Distant – player chooses Huntress. -Fight with the use of supernatural powers (Spells) – player chooses Frater Regardless of his abilities conditioning combat tactic, each hero can: - seize and call Demon - use ”Helpers”: -Golem – a powerful figure animated by magic. It uses its extraordinary strength to protect the hero. It has its own features, which can be developed.
-Neferkar – it’s an ancient weapon – they are flying balls, which protect the hero and help him during the fight using their speed. They have their own features, which can be developed. Hero can seize a few Demons and he can call them separately ar together – one by one – according to his needs. Hero can have two different Helpers, but he can use only one at a time."
The Hero can use the following types of weapon / equipment -Hand to hand combat weapon (Edged weapons): - One-handed: clubs, maces, swords, axes - Two-handed: pole arms, swords, twin weapons (e.g. two identical swords) -Distant combat weapon (Firearms and Projectile weapons): -One-handed: pistols, revolvers -Two handed: sawn-off shotguns, double barelled shotguns, rifles, submachine guns, heavy machine guns, bows, crossbows -Magical weapon: magical staves -Armour: helmets, shields, cuirasses -Additional Items: -Magical rings – they enable changes in Hero’s Features (see: Development of the Hero) -Regenerating Items: - Life regenerating - Mana regenerating
More articles about The Chosen: Well of Souls