The role-playing game Hard to Be a God is based on the book of the same name by the Strugatsky Brothers. The contradiction between Monks and The Grey grows into a total civil war where “everyone is in opposition to each other”. Arkanar separates from the Empire, which decides to alter the situation. For a start, it tries to ferret out the situation in Arkanar and sends spies there. The main character, a graduate of a secret elite school, is one of them. His task is to make his way into the Arkanar Kingdom and to report the situation to his colleagues at the base...
An advanced race of Earthlings that has been watching Arkanar for a long time contacts the main character, who has to perform a series of missions that are very important to the state, thereby gaining access to the latest technologies and inventions. He becomes a true god in the eyes of the savage Arkanar, who are experiencing hard times. But is it easy to play the role of a deity?
- Performance of roles. Attitudes towards the main character depends on his clothes. Various dialogue scenarios can ensue.
- Horses as the means of travel.
- More than 100 weapon and armor types - one-handed, two-handed, shaft weapons, sword and shield, bows, crossbows and pistols. The Earthlings' arsenal includes scorchers, modifiers, power generators...
- A non-linear storyline.
- An advanced system of NPC existence.
- Simulation of weather conditions. Day and night change in real time.
Published for PC, “Hard to Be a God” will be available in Q4 2007.
More articles about Hard to be a God