Brave Story: New Traveler (PSP)
Brave Story: New Traveler features an entertaining storyline, enjoyable cast of characters and traditional turn-based battle system which is easy to pick up and play even for beginners, but has great depth and innovation for the seasoned gamers. As the story progresses players will meet new party members and complete tons of interesting side quests as they journey through the enchanting world of Vision. Event scenes feature voices while the 'traveling' music fits perfectly with the fantasy story setting. This original title created by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and developed by Game Republic (Genji series) features beautifully rendered 3D graphics and traditional turn-based battle system with new additional elements.
On a day that starts like any other, a young boy’s life is suddenly changed forever. As the main character and his friend Miki pass a leisurely afternoon, Miki suddenly collapses from an unknown illness. The girl shows no sign of waking and this overwhelms the main character with grief and remorse for not being a better friend when he had the opportunity.
Suddenly, a strange voice offers him a second chance: “Beyond the door is a chance to change your destiny!” He soon leaves the real world and journeys to the world of Vision, where, as a novice “Traveler,” he will surmount myriad ordeals in hopes of ultimately meeting with the Goddess of Destiny to have a single wish granted.
He makes friends both strange and fascinating as he finds himself blossoming into a successful Traveler. His courage and resolve are tested as he and his newfound companions travel the mysterious lands of Vision. The challenges he faces are daunting, but his growing sense of self and responsibility propel him ever forward.
Friendships, courage and growth will all prove indispensable as he seeks out his destiny; a life-changing adventure and the discovery of a hero inside an ordinary kid.
- A role-playing game with an epic tale, introducing unique characters with distinct personalities and leading the player through the imaginative world of Vision.
- Traditional turn-based battle system enhanced by innovative features:
- Friendship – Form bonds with party members to create new, cooperative skills.
- Courage – Use “brave power” (BP) to unleash powerful special abilities.
- Growth – The hero’s weapon will evolve as he collects gemstones. New accessories can be forged by collecting and combining materials. Each character can also unlock a one-of-a-kind innate ability.
- No load time between battles.
- Beautifully rendered 3D graphics with a distinct visual style, highlighted by polished character and enemy movement, and a unique animation for each special ability.
- Collect special birds which you can use for mini-games or trade for rare items.
- Network with friends to trade your birds, or game-share a mini-game to have friends assist in capturing rare birds.
- Option to play with the original Japanese voices.
Brave Story: New Traveler, rated E10+, is available at retailers nationwide at a suggested retail price of US$39.99.