The player impersonates Robert D. Anderson, private investigator from New York, who travels to Germany during the first months of WWII in order to solve his most frightening case – to research his origins. Arriving at the castle of his ancestors, he discovers an occult secret society among the SS, called „The order of the black sun“, revealing secrets powerful enough to endanger mankind itself...
The collaborative project developed by literature experts, Pen&Paper gamemasters and campaign authors is already supported by gifted minds: Incorporating ideas that have emerged from within the community, cutscenes from award-winning director Gerhard Daurer („Game of Life“) and ingame art exclusively created by acclaimed fantasy artist Peter Siedl („project: strom“) are contributing to a playable novel that will be far more than its sole parts...
Pentium D / Athlon 64 3000+ or better (although we heavily recommend Dualcore systems),
512MB RAM, Any DirectX 9 graphics adapter,Sound, Mouse with Wheel Function
Core2Duo / Amd X2 or better (any), 1024 RAM, Geforce 6600 / Radeon X1600 or better
Sound, Mouse with Wheel Function
Select your Anderson Installation folder as destination folder by using the browse aka "durchsuchen" function.
Usually it`s in the Retail Version
C:ProgrammeJoWooDRobert D. Anderson & das Erbe Cthulhus (German Version)
C:Program FilesJoWooDRobert D. Anderson & the legacy of Cthulhu (English Version)
If you press install aka "installieren" then, you should be prompted for an overwriting permission. In this case, you`ve selected the rught folder and you can safely choose the "all" aka "alle" option.
If your "Anderson BooK" shows v1.02 after starting, you did everything right.
Changelog Anderson v1.02
Interface / Content Access:
- Added "Play Intro" Button to Game Book
- Added "Open Bonus Folder" to Game Book (Full Version Only)
Tech / Engine:
- Loading Times reduced by 45% - 85%, depending on System & Chapter *) (Warning: On very fast systems, loading time can be shorter than Audiobook text)
- Increased Performance on both Single Core & Dual Core Systems **) (Dual Core still recommended)
- Lags removed after dying / finishing chapter
- Several Engine / Pyhsics Bugs removed ***)
- Shadows are softened more to enhance realistic and grim look
- Opponents are rendered a little bit better, increased visibility
- Static red fire lights replaced by flickering, realistic ones
- Some Textures replaced by better ones
- Balancing: Reduced difficulty level
- Balancing: MP40 Skills of opponents are lowered and slightly increasing throughout the chapters
- Balancing: Reduced damage output of "Wunderwaffe", but slightly increased range
- Balancing: Reduced accuracy and peak damage of Panzerfaust
- Balancing: Acid Ammunition for MP40 has far higher Damage Output against Lovecraft Creatures
- AI: Some "key enemies" have now an AI that is worth to be called so
- Level Design: The answers to some riddles are more obvious
- Level Design: Some hidden level passages are now better approachable
- Level Design: Jump & Run Passages eased
- Level Design: "Player Traps" disarmed
Multiplayer: (Full Version only)
- Bonus Multiplayer Games "Past, Future, Present", "Hall of Death" and "Ticket to Home" have now full Online gaming support, including portal server!
- "Clash of the Undead" is still LAN only
*)Except Chapter 9 and 14, due to implemented scripted and hard-coded elements
**) After dying, the performance boost is lost on few systems if loading or chapter restart is selected immediaetely. In this case, please leave the chapter and start it inside the book again.
***) One is left: SOmetimes, RObert gets stuck without reason. Please press simply crouch "c" and move on to get him free.
W: move forward
S: move backward
A: strafe left
D: strafe right
Q: Lean Left
E: Lean right
Space bar: jump
F6: Quicksave to Slot1 F9: Quickload from Slot1
Mouse: camera / Crosshair position
Left mouse: attack
Right mouse: alternate attack
Mousewheel: select weapon / activated spell
R = Reload
Enter: use / combine
DirectX with SDK Update is needed, otherwise the Game won`t start
(included in folder 3rd Party)
DivX is needed for Intro & Cutscene playback
(included in folder 3rd Party)
Important: Resolution Settings are overtaken from the Desktop settings.
To reduce game resolution, reduce Desktop resolution.
Recommended: Switch Antialiasing to 8x or 16x in the Settings of your graphics adapter
More articles about Anderson & the Legacy of Cthulhu