Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: “WHOA!” Players build these incredible “WHOA Coasters” to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through burning rings of fire and more.
A new lighthearted story ties together more than 100 missions, complete with 34 playable multiplayer theme-park games and improved social interaction with park guests. The in-depth conversations both advance the plot and suggest better ways to manage the park. But is every guest to be trusted? One never knows when a rival from the nefarious Globo-Joy might attempt to sabotage Thrillville parks with deceptive information…
- Experience the visceral fun of interacting with a theme park you create.
- Build and ride your own creations, talk and joke with all your guests, and play dozens of minigames.
- Use the Wii Remote and Nintendo DS stylus in innovative ways to develop roller coasters and play minigames with the flick of your wrist.
- Create 20 death-defying WHOA Coasters such as these:
- Hotrod Stunt: A nitro boost propels a car across a broken track.
- Pendulizer: A giant arm grabs the car just before a gap in the track, whips it around in a full circle, then sets it down on the other side.
- Escape Drop: The track holds the car stationary as it lifts itself from level ground to a full 90-degree drop. Then it lets go.
- Visit 15 themed areas, like Battleville, Winterville, Spaceville and Aeroville, all spread throughout five new parks.
- Distinguish your rides even more with enhanced customization options. Attach animatronics, flowers and flaming hoops to all of your coasters and rides.
- Smarter guests, better dialogue, and more focused two-way conversation make Thrillville’s socialization aspects even more amusing than before.
- Conversation more directly impacts the story than in the original Thrillville.
- Play 34 minigames – 14 new, 20 returning from the original Thrillville but with new levels. Examples of new minigames include the following:
- Robo K.O.: Hit, bop and block with these boxing robots.
- Sparkle Quest: Delightful 2D platforming action on Sparkle Island.
- Bandito Chinchilla: A classic side-scrolling beat-‘em-up…where you’re a boxing Chihuahua!
- Tank Frenzy: Get combative in this vertically scrolling shoot-‘em-up.
- All minigames feature leaderboards for Xbox Live.
- DC Studios is creating the entirely unique Nintendo DS version from the ground up to best take advantage of the handheld’s touch-screen capabilities.
Meanwhile, “attendance” of the original Thrillville should soon rise even higher, as it has achieved Greatest Hits status for the PS2 and PSP, as well as joined the new Platinum Family Hits line for the Xbox. Now, families can experience the No. 1 original children’s franchise of 2006 for only $19.99 at participating locations.
Thrillville: Off the Rails is scheduled for October on Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC and, with the help of developer DC Studios, NDS.
More articles about Thrillville: Off the Rails